Unitarian Universalism by Alan W. Gomes

Unitarian Universalism

by Alan W. Gomes

This pamphlet/book was a surprise to me. Myself, a Unitarian Universalist (UU), it caught my eye on a used book table. It was not until I arrived home that I noticed that the publisher was Zondervan. UU’s believe in complete religious freedom. Members follow, or not, various religions. Although not a Christian, I find Zondervan to be one of the less biased Christian publishers. Their Christian fiction is often enjoyable and lacking in malice.

This series of books is aimed at members of the Christian community working with people from various non-Christian religions, cults, and non-believers in general. The premise is that by knowing a person’s religious beliefs, the conversion might be more easily accomplished.

Therefore, I was impressrd by the honest explanation of Unitarian Universalism. The history and practice of UUism was explained in such detail that a large part of the book could serve as a factual primer in that religion. The approach towards conversion and the expressed benefits of Christianity over Unitarian Universalism are well presented and interesting to read. A perfect addition to the religion section of one’s library. I’m looking forward to reading the other books in the series in hopes of discovering what approach to conversion is used. ( )
  muzzie | May 16, 2008 |

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,402,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible