The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, Book 2)…

The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, Book 2) (edition 1991)

by Robert Jordan

Title:The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, Book 2)
Authors:Robert Jordan
Info:Tor Fantasy (1991), Mass Market Paperback, 705 pages

The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan

English (60)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (62)
I can't believe I'm only just now reading Robert Jordan, but I'm definitely enjoying it. I know some have criticized his portrayal of women, but so far I find the women characters far more complex and interesting than the men, and certainly more powerful! ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
Second book of the Wheel of Time series and an excellent read. I love Mr. Jordan's descriptive style. ( )
  GSB68 | May 19, 2015 |
great read that really adds to the drama and plot of the previous book. starts off a little slow, but quickly picks up speed and soon becomes hard to put down as the plot unfolds and branches out. This book will leave you anxious to pick up the next installment to delve deeper down the rabbit hole of this intruiging fictional universe. very engaging read as the plot thickens and the world starts to unravel further. ( )
  nmg1 | Mar 20, 2015 |
The second book maintains the pace and excitement of The Eyes of the World.
I devoured it.
Loved it. ( )
  MaddieBloom | Jan 6, 2015 |
Don't get me wrong; I liked the book but it sags in the middle. Things plod along, I suppose building tension. The only tension I could feel was wanting to lift the needle off of a broken record. Then, suddenly everything happens a little too neatly in four or five chapters. It's as if Robert Jordan had a goal of making it to 600 pages and then discovered he hadn't moved the plot significantly over the last 400 or so, or had a sudden deadline to meet. I mean, really... In two thousand years, nobody had ever though about how to handle the Damane problem? An epic battle happens in six pages? Six? It took as many to talk about stale bread and cheese. ( )
  mpawloski | Dec 14, 2014 |

Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

The Wheel of Time (Boxed Set #1) by Robert Jordan

Robert Jordan: Wheel of Time - 11 Book Set (Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, The Dragon Reborn, The Shadow Rising, The by Robert Jordan

New Spring, Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, The Dragon Reborn, The Shadow Rising, The Fires of Heaven, Lord of Chaos, by Robert Jordan

5 Titles By Robert Jordan Wheel of Time Series (1-5) : 1. The Eye of the World 2. The Great Hunt 3. The Dragon Reborn 4. by Robert Jordan

Wheel of Time, Books 1-11 and prequel "New Spring" by Robert Jordan

The Wheel of Time (The Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, The Dragon Reborn, The Shadow Rising, The Fires of Heaven, Lord by Robert Jordan

And it shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered, and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age, and the Dark One shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man. Women shall weep and men quail as the nations of the earth are rent like rotting cloth. Neither shall anything stand nor abide... Yet one shall be born to face the Shadow, born once more as he was born before and shall be born again, time without end. The Dragon shall be Reborn, and there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth at his rebirth. In sackcloth and ashes shall he clothe the people, and he shall break the world again by his coming, tearing apart all ties that bind. Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us, yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle, and his blood shall give us the Light. Let tears flow, O ye people of the world. Weep for your salvation.

--From The Karaethon Cycles: The Prophecies of the Dragon,

as translated by Ellaine Marise'idin Alshinn,
Chief Librarian at the Court of Arafel,
in the Year of Grace 231 of the New Era, the Third Age
And men cried out to the Creator, saying, O Light of the Heavens, Light of the World, let the Promised One be born of the mountain, according to the Prophecies, as he was in Ages past and will be in Ages to come. Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

--from Caral Drianaan te Calamon, The Cycle of the Dragon,
Author unknown, the Fourth Age
This book is dedicated to Lucinda Culpin, Al Dempsey, Tom Doherty, Susan England, Dick Gallen, Cathy Grooms, Marisa Grooms, Wilson and Janet Grooms, John Jarrold, the Johnson City Boys (Mike Leslie, Kenneth Loveless, James D. Lund, Paul R. Robinson), Karl Lundgren, William McDougal, the Montana Gang (Eldon Carter, Ray Grenfell, Ken Miller, Rod Moore, Dick Schimdt, Ray Sessions, Ed Widley, Mike Wildey, and Sherman Williams), Charlie Moore, Lousia Cheves Popham Raoul, Ted and Sydney Rigney, Robert A. T. Scott, Bryan and Sharon Webb, and Heather Wood.
They came to my aid when God walked across the water and true Eye of the World passed over my house.
The man who called himself Bors, at least in this place, sneered at the low murmuring that rolled around the vaulted chamber like the soft gabble of geese.

The eagerly awaited sequel to the critically acclaimed national bestseller The Eye of the World. The monumental task of retrieving the lost Horn of Valere--the legendary horn that will raise the dead heroes of the Ages--rests on the shoulders of Rand al'Thor. Here he begins the long journey of discovery.

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow. For centuries, gleemen have told of The Great Hunt of the Horn. Now the Horn itself is found: the Horn of Valere long thought only legend, the Horn which will raise the dead heroes of the ages. And it is stolen.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,882,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible