Aftershock (Shaken Series) by KG MacGregor

Aftershock (Shaken Series) (2008)

by KG MacGregor

Series: Shaken (2)

A bit different from the online version. Very good.

3/29/13 - finished a second read and it's my least favorite of the series but that's because the subjects are pretty depressing. It's a good story and I'm not sorry to have been witness to the difficulties that Anna and Lily go through. It's nice to see that not everything is sunshine and rainbows for the couple.

7/18/14 - Doing a re-read ( )
  amcheri | Aug 22, 2016 |
More with Anna and Lily.

I've read a fair bit of what MacGregor has written now and to me, this was the worst of the bunch. It wasn't a bad novel by any means. It was well written and well plotted. The new and old characters were unique, interesting and well written as well.

Also, I understand why it wasn't as happy or hopeful as the first book. To have drama and progress in a book or series of books you also have to have obstacles and pain and suffering. After all life is pain and suffering just as much as it is happiness and puppies. But, this book just seemed to have so much, 'real life' smooshed into one book that it got tiring to read. Wondering what was going to be thrown at the characters next.

One part of the book that I really liked was the funny, cut and very dog like Chester the dog. I think there's always a balance between making a pet either too animal like or too human like, but MacGregor found the balance and Chester was both a hilarious and comforting addition to the novel. ( )
  DanieXJ | Apr 21, 2013 |
In memory of my father1931-2007
"I bet this is pretty in the daytime," Anna said, peering through the windshield into the darkness.
From the quirk in Anna's voice, Lily knew her chain was being yanked. "Funny Amazon. We should have been here two hours ago." A sign for Yosemite National Park flashed by on the passenger side.
"But at least we made it."

Book two of The Shaken Series by KG MacGregor finds Anna Kaklis and Lily Stewart still together, but encountering some good fortune and some bad, both equally jarring to their lives.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,020,018 books! | Top bar: Always visible