The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the… (2002)

by Elizabeth Pantley

Series: No-Cry Solution

There are two schools of thought for encouraging babies to sleep through the night, the hotly debated Ferber technique of letting the baby "cry it out," or the grin-and-bear-it solution of getting up from dusk to dawn as often as necessary. If you don't believe in letting your baby cry it out, but desperately want to sleep, there is now a third option, presented in Elizabeth Pantley's sanity-saving book The No-Cry Sleep Solution. Pantley's successful solution has been tested and proven effective by scores of mothers and their babies from across the United States, Canada, and Europe. Based on her research, Pantley's guide provides you with effective strategies to overcoming nap-time and nighttime problems. The No-Cry Sleep Solution offers clearly explained, step-by-step ideas that steer your little ones toward a good night's sleep-all with no crying.… (more)

This is a great book for any parent that wants to help their baby sleep through the night without letting them "cry it out." We haven't been able to strictly follow our sleep plan because of the holiday season, but still, we're seeing improvements in just a matter of days. She went down for 10 hours for the first time just after starting to use some of Pantley's suggestions. And, the best part? Absolutely no crying! ( )
  pmichaud | Dec 21, 2020 |
The usual advice on baby sleep 0-24 months, well-organized and complete. After a few chapters, I didn't feel that I needed to read anymore (but I skimmed through anyway). This would be an excellent first-stop book. Fairly complementary to The Happiest Baby on the Block. ( )
  pammab | Oct 17, 2019 |
The best child sleep book I've come across. Pantley's sleeping tips really work and are a gentle alternative to what is in my opinion the cruelty of cry it out. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
this is a great book. i can't say that i used the approach exactly as she suggests. but i had it in mind as i figured out a solution on my own (basically, i lie next to my baby; at first, i did it until she fell asleep but now i just lie there for a while and she is usually pretty good at continuing to drift off on her own.) i know i will refer back to this book from time to time, especially when we transition her from our bed to a bed of her own. ( )
  julierh | Apr 7, 2013 |
I found this book inspiring the first time I read through it, but once I sat down to try to implement some of it, it seemed that it was really all the same advice you'd get anywhere (have a sleep schedule, a soothing word, consistency, etc) only better organized. So although I think its a good book in theory, it didn't actually help me. ( )
  navelos | Feb 29, 2012 |

Elizabeth Pantleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Taube, MalinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,588,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible