In Stitches with Ms. Wiz by Terence Blacker

In Stitches with Ms. Wiz

by Terence Blacker

162615,960 (4)None

Ms. Wiz is there to save the day again, when Jack has to go to the hospital. ( )
  tzarate | Apr 24, 2014 |
Jack loved to go fast but the ambulance he was in was making his sick and he already had a stomach ache. Earlier that day Jack complained all day about having a tummy ache and no one would listen. Mr. Bailey the new teacher that term thought he was faking because they had a math test the following Monday. Caroline was Jack’s friend who told the teacher to look how sick Jack was but still did not believe her. Jack’s parents called the ambulance and away he went to the hospital. The Dr was getting him ready for surgery when he spotted a woman who looked familiar. The surgery came and went and he woke up in the child’s ward of the hospital. Ms. Wiz was his teacher from last term who did magic. She was there to make his stay more enjoyable. She brought his a rat and a Hecate to watch over him when she could not be there. The Dr was getting suspicious of “Dr. Wisdom” as the children called her. Mr. Bailey was feeling guilty for not telling someone Jack had a stomach ache and went to visit Jack. He was there when the lunch tray arrived and Jack refused to eat so Mr. Bailey said he would show him how good it was. What he didn’t know was Ms. Wiz had opened the jar Jack’s appendix was in and made it come to life and crawl into the red cabbage so it blended in. Mr. Bailey took a huge bite and in went the appendix before Jack could so NO! All the children snickered for they knew what just happened. The Dr. that was suspicious of Dr. Wisdom (Ms. Wiz) called the cops on her and wanted her removed from the building. Herbert the rat made a diversion for her by releasing all the mice from the lab and they were everywhere. Jack told the Dr if he let Ms. Wiz go she could work her magic and all the mice and rat would leave. So he said ok and Ms. Wiz raised her hand and al the mice followed her and Herbert out like a little mice army. Jack got to go home and was feeling much better. So one of his friends had a math test coming up and asked Jack what to do and in the end Ms. Wiz was there to save the day and Jack’s friend decided he was fine!

I can relate to trying to get out of tests when I was in grade school. However, sometimes I did have a stomach ache and usually the teachers did not care unless you were actually getting sick from it. But in the end we all learn we still have to take our tests! I really enjoyed this book. It kept my attention and made me want to read more.

In the classroom, I can have the students write a paper about when a teacher helped then in their lives. I can also Have them do a research paper on appendix! ( )
  AshleyFletcher | Oct 20, 2010 |

When Ms. Wiz shows up in the hospital as a doctor, things will never be the same. Her stethoscope plays Disco music, a pickled appendix escapes from its jar, and the children's ward is overrun by mice!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:52 -0400)

The magical Ms. Wiz helps Jack when he goes to the hospital to have an operation, but the doctors become suspicious when her stethoscope plays disco music, Jack's appendix escapes from its jar, and the children's ward is overrun by mice.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,557,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible