Bobby's Trace by Edward C. Patterson

Bobby's Trace

by Edward C. Patterson

Meh...this book was just okay. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily great either. The story was interesting but the characters were not. I didn't really believe the main character's motivation at all. I had a hard time with the fact that his heart was apparently devastated by the death of his longtime companion, yet he sleeps with the first man he dates so soon after burying his partner. Also, grammatical and spelling errors in the book were distracting. It should have been edited better before publication. ( )
  robreadsbooks | Dec 7, 2009 |
It took me about an hour and a half to read this book. And while that may not seem like a long time, I could have spent it vacuuming my car instead.

The underline story is a good one. A man loses his love and struggles with moving on and whether he was right in doing so. But the author could not leave well enough alone! Nope. He decided to add the supernatural. Not only did it read fake and out of context, but it wasn’t even well explored. All of a sudden it’s thrown at you and none of the characters react to it, unless you call crying for two minutes a reaction. I love reading about the supernatural but everything has its place. AND THIS WAS NOT IT! Not even the priest in the story was overly concerned with lights flickering on and off and the temperature dipping more than 20 degrees in less than a minute. There was just no tie-in between the two stories.

But let’s move on and talk about grammar and spelling. Now I am not naive. Spelling issues appear in every book as no one can catch everything. But seriously, the errors that appear in this book a second grader can identify! This is an example of an author who would prefer to say he has self-published many books rather that say he has self published 2 or 3 excellent ones. He is the reason indie authors can’t get respect. ( )
  TheBookJournal | Nov 25, 2009 |

Edward C. Patterson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,355,972 books! | Top bar: Always visible