Zorgamazoo by Robert Paul Weston

Zorgamazoo

by Robert Paul Weston

(Audio & Physical Books)

This was the cutest little story that was written all in rhyme!

It was about a little girl named Katrina Katrell and her friend Morty. Katrina was the one who wasn't afraid of adventure & Morty who didn't think he could ever do an adventure because he thought he wasn't good enough! Both learned so much from each other in this little story that seemed to have been based some where in Scotland based on the accent of the Narrator, that I adored! And the fact that Loch Ness was mentioned.

So much happened in this 288 page book that I couldn't even try to tell any of it. this is a great book for children of about age 5 on up. Whether read allowed or to themselves (those who are ready for chapter books..depending on the child). It's just enough creepiness in it that you do need to base it on your individual child and what they like and don't. So, those that like children's books/middle grade...This book is worth at least a try. I generally am not into middle grade books except maybe in classics, and even then, I'm not always first to pick them up. I like the more, would may be today's YA (maybe? Would Little Women be kind of YA'ish? Although I do like the Oz series and kind of like Chronicles of Narnia a bit but those books are individual based)

I really did love this little story & the narrator was, for me personally, amazing! Just too cute for words! ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
A very cute dr seuss-like read. It was super quick too!! ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
When I started this book it was fun to read the Dr. Seuss-like rhymes, then it was annoying, then I just enjoyed the story. I've tried to recommend this book to students but they can't get past the annoying rhyming to enjoy the story. I would encourage teachers to try to use this book as a read aloud - thus a captive audience that might just learn to enjoy the story beyond the rhyming verse.
  Tracie_Shepherd | Apr 2, 2016 |
Weston channeled both Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein to create this fun adventure. Within twenty pages I knew I had to own this book. It's perfect if you're feeling energetic or want to feel energetic. The rhythm of the text makes fast-paced sections feel as urgent as they should, while still not feeling like a race to get to the end.

To avoid the gush-fest that is attempting to burst forth from my fingertips, I'm going to simply end with a very adamant you should read this book. Giggles are guaranteed, especially if you read it out loud.

It's also won the 2010 Silver Birch Award (Ontario Library Association) and is an E.B. White Read-Aloud Honor book for 2009. ( )
  jennk | Mar 11, 2016 |
In rhyming couplets, readers learn the tale of the lost Zorgles of Zorgamazoo. Morty Yorgle is a hero, at least the lottery says so, and it becomes his quest to learn what happened to the Zorgamazoo Zorgles. Along the way he meets Katrina Katrell, a precocious young lady on the run from her guardian and looking for an adventure. The two discover a foul plot to remove these special creatures and their mythical brethren from Earth and leave its inhabitants bored. Can Morty and Katrina return enchantment to Earth along with the Zorgles of Zorgamazoo?

Zorgamazoo is phenomenal. I borrowed it from the library, but within 20 pages I put in an order, because I had to own this beautiful work. Sincerely, there are no words other than READ IT! ( )
  jennk | Mar 11, 2016 |
Here is a story that's stranger than strange.

(from the back) Katrina Katrell is a girl with a big heart and an even bigger imagination. Too bad her guardian, Mrs. "Krabby" Krabone will have none of it! When Katrina spots a shadowy figure lurking in a subway tunnel, Old Krabby decides the child must be mad, and invites the quack brain surgeon Dr. LeFang for a midnight house call...
But Katrina, of course, is thoroughly sane. (Old Krabby's the one who's lame in the brain!) The figure she spotted was Morty the zorgle, and he's on a quest to find the missing zorgles of Zorgamazoo! There they discover that someone--or something-- has kidnapped all of the Earth's most magical creatures!
Join Morty and Katrina as they journey from the Earth to the Moon on a magical rhyming adventure full of griffins, ogres, and sphinxes, and more (and creatures you've never heard of before!)

Imaginative and adventurous Katrina eludes her maniacal guardian to help Morty, a member of a vanishing breed of zorgles, with his quest to uncover the fate of the fabled zorgles of Zorgmazoo as well as of other creatures that seem to have disappeared from the earth.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,104,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible