Little Critter: The Best Teacher Ever by…

Little Critter: The Best Teacher Ever

by Mercer Mayer

It could be used teaching manners and teaching how a student should behave in class. ( )
  tlj033 | Sep 16, 2015 |
I think that this a great book. I like how the illustrations are large on each page compared to the text on each page. The illustrations take up most of the page and there is only a little bit of text on each page. I think that this creates a great visual for the reader to connect to the few words that they are reading. For example, one page has a large picture of a teacher with cupcakes on it, and the text that goes along with this picture is the simple sentence of, "Sometimes she brings special treats for us." I also like the simplicity of this story. The central message of the story is that sometimes creativity is the best tool that one can have. The story is simply about students giving a teacher presents for teacher appreciation week. The student's gift that means the most to the teacher is a drawing of the teacher. The fact that the drawing meant the most to the teacher goes to show that sometimes the simplest, most creative things are the most important. I also like how readers can mirror this story. As a reader I could personally relate to giving teachers presents for teacher appreciation week. I also have experienced giving someone a drawing or a simple present that I had made instead of something extravagant, which ended up meaning a lot to the person that I was giving the gift to. ( )
  abreck2 | Oct 15, 2013 |
Little Critter loves his teacher Miss. Kitty. She tells him lots of fun facts and reads to them at story time. She even wears funny costumes. Little Critter decides to do something special for Miss. Kitty and decides to bake her a cake. But when he gets up the cake is ruined. He gets her some flowers, but leaves them on the bus. He then draws her a picture and Miss. Kitty hangs it on the board. He is very proud of himself and has the best teacher ever. ( )
  slblack2 | Oct 11, 2009 |
This is about the little critter who wanted to get the greatest present ever for his teacher. He though about all the different things he can give her, and he is so excited to give them to her. Then, he forgets his present on the bus. He quickly draws a picture for her, and she put it up on her wall. It was the best present ever. This is a great book for teaching students about giving. It also shows that it is the thought that counts, no matter how much you spend on it.
  smendel18 | Oct 9, 2009 |
The main character thinks his teacher is the best teacher ever, he wants to buy her the best present for teacher appreciation day. Although, he has a hard time with each gift because things keep happening. This book is good for a 2nd grader and you could read it to show that you do not have to get the teacher the biggest gift. It shows that a small drawn picture is just fine to show your teacher appreciation. ( )
  fnborries | Oct 9, 2009 |

Little Critter has the best teacher around. Miss Kitty even makes math class fun! Join Little Critter as he searches for the perfect gift to show Miss Kitty just how special she is to him!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:24 -0400)

"Little Critter has the best teacher around. Miss Kitty even makes math class fun!"--P. [4] cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,944,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible