Stinky by Eleanor Davis

This book's underlying theme of stereotypes, misconceptions and acceptance is great. It could easily be used in a classroom to begin conversations about why stereotypes exist and how to get rid of them through understanding. ( )
  mhilary | Feb 16, 2015 |
“Stinky” is a fascinating book with a main message of not judging someone based off of the things you think are correct. This is shown within the main character Stinky.. This character develops in that he starts off afraid of the boy in his swamp, then he attempts to scare him, but when that doesn’t work he runs away and hides, until the boy finds him and they bond over the things they have in come. This then shows Stinky that he had the wrong idea about the boy and that they could be friends after all. Something else I found very interesting about this book is that it is written and illustrated in a comic book style. I truly enjoyed this because it kept me as the reader engaged and constantly reading everything from the dialogue to the signs and bags. I feel this style of writing is beneficial to the reader for it allows them to take in the entire story and all the small details. ( )
  KiTiraShorter | Apr 1, 2014 |
This was a cute story, I really liked the illustrations in it. I thought it had a good story to it and also shows kids that they should always give people a chance. I think this book would be great for boys because of the monster and the swamp but girls might enjoy it to. The map of Stinky's swamp on the last page was a great touch to the story. Will have this in my reading corner.
  krbarton | Mar 16, 2014 |
A really great easy reader/comic book. Has everything to appeal to the reluctant reader, the pictures are engaging and it's fun and gross ... without being gross. Probably our favorite out of the Toon Books so far! ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |
LIDO!
  ericoassis | Aug 19, 2012 |
The images are round and welcoming. It’s clear Stinky is a monster, with smell lines and flies radiating from him (where else could you do this but comics?), but he’s still cute.

A Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Book

Stinky is a monster who loves pickles and possums but is terrified of people. When a new kid enters his swamp, this adorable little monster comes up with all sorts of crazy plans to scare him away. But Stinky quickly learns to conquer his fear, as he realizes that bats, rats, and toads aren’t the only friends you can find in the swamp.

This hilarious and heart-warming story by ferociously talented newcomer Eleanor Davis proves that even monsters can make new friends…warts and all!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:27 -0400)

Stinky, a monster who lives in a swamp, gets upset when a boy named Nick starts hanging around his swamp, and so he tries to scare Nick away.

Toon Books

An edition of this book was published by Toon Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,655,264 books! | Top bar: Always visible