Gorgonzola: A Very Stinkysaurus by Margie…

Gorgonzola: A Very Stinkysaurus

by Margie Palatini

Other authors: Tim Bowers (Illustrator)

Somehow the big guy, despite being an orphan, managed to learn other skills. But it takes a straght-talking sassy bird to actually help him learn an important lesson about how to smell ok so he can start to make friends. Sure it's not a subtle book, but it is funny.

I have to frank here - I know an adult who needs to learn this lesson. (He moved away last year and is not on goodreads, so, it's none of you.) I should send him a copy of this. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This book was great, and I really enjoyed reading it. One of the main reasons that I enjoyed it was because of the writing style. I loved the way that the author wrote the dialogue and the puns. For example, the last sentence of the story was "Yes, Gorgonzola was delighted and positively proud to be the first dinosaur officially declared "ex-stink." I love the play on words. Another pun was the main dinosaur's name. The fact that the author named a stinky dinosaur after a stinky cheese was hilarious. The entire writing style throughout the book was funny, especially with the bird character. They way she spoke was humorous. My favorite line of hers was "'So you stink a little...okay, a lot. But stop with the waterworks. I'm drowning here." I also enjoyed the imagery that the author brought out through her writing. For example she wrote, "Dinosaur tears rolled down his slimy face and moldy chin." As I read that I imagined exactly what she intended me too, without the illustrations. The overall message of this book was the importance of personal hygene.
  cduke3 | Sep 25, 2014 |
While my wife was not a big fan of the bird named Birdie because he was kind of mean to the kind-hearted Gorgonzola, I liked this book enough to give it five stars. I wanted to give Gorgonzola a hug. I really wanted him to make friends. I'm so happy things worked out for him. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
This book is good for teaching kids about hygiene, friendship and respect. The students love the book because it uses "dinosaur-words" to describe stuff. It is funny and very engaging! ( )
  paulina.chapa | Apr 22, 2013 |
This fun book is a great read aloud. Gorgonzola is a very “stinkysauus”. He has no friends because of his poor hygiene. Fortunately he meets a little bird who teaches him about cleanliness. Being spiffy Gorgonzola is able to makes friends. There are some book linked activities at http://www.margiepalatini.com/whats-l3-2/ ( )
  rwilliamson | Jul 23, 2012 |

Margie Palatiniprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bowers, TimIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Barnhart, JenniferNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Long, long ago, when dinosaurs ruled the land, there lived a dino who was the worst of them all: Gorgonzola.

Not really large, not really scary, Gorgonzola was known near and far for his . . . D.O. Yes, dinosaur odor. From horn to toe, Gorgonzola was one serious stinker. That is, until a bold little birdie decides it’s high time to show this soap-challenged big boy just how to clean up his act.

Young readers will laugh, squeal, and wrinkle their noses as this very stinkysaurus learns to freshen up.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:15 -0400)

When Gorgonzola the dinosaur learns that everyone runs from him to avoid his smell, rather than out of fear, he is grateful to the little bird who shows him how to brush his teeth and wash.

Margie Palatini is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,483,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible