The Cowboy Takes a Bride by Debra Clopton

First off I would like to say that the cover alone would draw me in to read this story. But I am already hooked on reading all the books in this Mule Hollow series, so regardless of the cover I would have read this story. Mule Hollow, Texas is just a town the romantic at heart will fall in love with.

Sugar Ray Lenox (what a name!) has only one dream - to make it big in Hollywood. One way she thinks she can maybe get noticed is to move to Mule Hollow (where a good friend of hers lives) and open up a "summer stock theatre" and be the leading role. She finds the perfect place for it, an old barn that isn't being used, but belongs to a rancher, Ross Denton. Ross has been raised in the "performance industry" in Branson, MO and came to Mule Hollow to begin a new life of living and working his ranch. He wants no part in turning his barn into a theatre. But you have no idea how persistant Sugar Rae can be, and how attracted Ross is to her. The sparks fly and it is fun to watch! Another fun and fulfilling story in this series. ( )
  judyg54 | Sep 5, 2012 |
love this series. Uplifting,fun clean romances.
Sugar is in town to start a summer theater program that will help Mule Hollow and creat a buzz about her acting career and help Haley with her office again.
Ross takes a look at Sugar and is ready to stake his claim he does not neet the matchmakers. Then he finds out she is an actress and wants no part of that business again.
Sugar finds out that Ross has a big empty barn that will be great as a summer theater. Also that for years he was part of his family show in Branson. But he does not want to let her use his barn at all.
Fun to watch the sparks fly. its funny and most of these books have funny animals in them this time its a rambo Beaver on attack. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Mar 21, 2012 |
Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
--Hebrews 11:1
To my sister Cindy Drabek and my brother Ricky Patrick. I love you and am blessed to have you both in my life. God bless you and your families!
Ross Denton yanked his gloves off and glared at the tractor.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373874901, Mass Market Paperback)

Sugar Rae Lenox is famous...in Mule Hollow. For wanting her name in lights on a Hollywood marquee. For wanting to leave. And for thinking the local matchmakers are mighty mistaken! Why applaud the attraction between her and a too--handsome cowboy with boots of lead? Ross Denton lives on the outskirts of town on some dusty ranch. And the only place he wants to see his name is on a marriage certificate. So why isn't she singing and dancing away from that ranch? She can't possibly want a starring role in Ross's life as his bride...can she?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:07 -0400)

Sugar Rae Lenox is famous in Mule Hollow. For wanting her name in lights on a Hollywood marquee. For wanting to leave. And for thinking the local matchmakers are mighty mistaken! Why applaud the attraction between her and a too-handsome cowboy with boots of lead? Ross Denton lives on the outskirts of town on some dusty ranch. And the only place he wants to see his name is on a marriage certificate. So why isn't she singing and dancing away from that ranch? She can't possibly want a starring role in Ross's life as his bride can she?… (more)

41 avail.1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible