The First 30 Days: Your Guide to Any Change…

The First 30 Days: Your Guide to Any Change (and Loving Your Life More)

by Ariane De Bonvoisin

A really good book on how to manage change positively. Highly recommended. ( )
  NanditaPeebles | Aug 23, 2011 |
-- Death, taxes, & changes are certainties. Ariane reminds readers good is a result of change. Life is on our side. She presents nine principles of change in nine chapters. Some titles are The Change Muscle, The Gift of Acceptance, & Get Unstuck. You & I must accept changes & move past change demons (negative emotions). Easier said than done but FIRST 30 DAYS is an enjoyable self-help book. -- ( )
  MinaIsham | Sep 9, 2010 |
Excellent book on change. The author shows us how to embrace change , move through it, and successfully navigate the twists and turns of life. Each chapter is based on 9 principles and ends with the 3 most important things to remember. At the end of the book the author lists other recommended readings which can be very helpful. ( )
  laws | Jul 8, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0061472832, Hardcover)

Has a change happened in your life that you are having trouble accepting? Is there a change you would like to make to help you love life more? If you answered yes to either of these questions, this is the book for you.

This year alone, many of us will fall in love, get in shape, and start new companies, while some of us will lose a job, deal with health complications, or get divorced. Although we often try to ignore change, whether good or bad, it is the one constant. Now, with The First 30 Days, we can learn how to embrace change, move through it, and successfully navigate the twists and turns of life.

The First 30 Days reveals how the beginning of any change is a pivotal time that can either leave us stressed and stuck or lead us forward in our lives with clarity and hope. Change coach Ariane de Bonvoisin provides the tools to make each change a new beginning, whether it is a change you want to make or one brought on by a situation out of your control. Ariane introduces nine principles that will help you develop an optimistic mind-set toward change, an attitude that encourages you to see that life is on your side and that good can come from even the most difficult circumstance. With real-life stories, practical exercises, and inspiring action points, The First 30 Days teaches the skills you need to face any change--skills that will help you today and for the rest of your life.

Inside, discover: How to develop a positive approach to change--it can make all the difference. The Change Guarantee--from any change, something good can come. Your Change Muscle--you have one! Find out where it is and how to use it. How to combat your Change Demons--the negative emotions that want to hold you back. How to build a Change Support Team--who and what makes the most difference.

A Letter from Ariane de Bonvoisin

How good are you at change? Big changes? Small changes? Professional changes? Personal changes? The fact is, everyone experiences change. It’s the one constant in life. Be it a job change, relationship change, health change, or changes in the world we live in, change is unavoidable. What change are you or someone you love dealing with? A first time mom, recently divorced, caring for a sick parent, adjusting to a new job, or a recent graduate?

Whatever change you're experiencing —whether unexpected or planned—the first few days and weeks are often the hardest, most emotional time. It is the time when we have the most questions, emotions, doubts and fears. It is also the time when we are most in need of direction, information, inspiration, and support. Thirty days is enough to get started in the right way, to begin to understand what makes change easier and most importantly, how to stay on the right track.

I’ve interviewed hundreds of people and seen a pattern in what helps someone get through change with less stress and anxiety. The things we do, say, and feel directly affect our reaction to change. Through these interviews, I’ve seen that it’s possible to become better at change, to embrace and look for the positive in the transitions that will inevitably arise. The First 30 Days includes real life stories of people who have lived through many types of change, along with clear action points (look for the Take Action sections in the book) that will help you move through the changes in your own life.

The First 30 Days is for all of us who have always wanted to make a change, but didn’t know how to start; for those who have tried over and over to initiate a change with little or no success; and for those who are overwhelmed by the changes that have come into their lives. The First 30 Days will not only kick start your life of change, but it will also help you reach your goals by keeping you focused, directed and inspired.

I believe anyone can change. I believe there is always something good that will come from change, even if you can't see it right now. I believe that when we stop resisting the changes we are going through and simply embrace them, we realize that life is on our side. We all have a part of ourselves that doesn’t change —and, when we find that part within us, whatever change we are going through becomes easier. The First 30 Days can show you how.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:53 -0400)

Introduces nine principles that will help you develop an optimistic mind-set toward change, an attitude that encourages you to see that life is on your side and that good can come from even the most difficult circumstance. Includes real-life stories, practical exercises, and inspiring action points.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,140,448 books! | Top bar: Always visible