Ghosts Among Us by James Van Praagh

Ghosts Among Us

by James Van Praagh

Around Halloween last year, the historical society that I volunteer for participated in a ghost walk. The event was run by Vancouver Spooks Paranormal Investigation and was held in a downtown theatre which is supposed to be haunted. We spent a lot of time sitting around in the dark with some fancy equipment. The group I was with didn't come up with anything but some of the other groups reported strange feelings etc.

Why did some people experience those feelings and others feel nothing? I wanted to know more so, of course, I bought a book. (I blame/credit my curiosity for a lot of the books in my library.) "In Ghosts Among Us", Van Praagh talks about the ghosts that are around us and the effects that their energy can have on the living. The author uses anecdotes from his life to illustrate his points. He also talks about energy from the living that attaches to us and has an effect on our lives. The book ends on an upbeat with lessons learned on how to improve our lives here and now so that we live a life based on love rather than one that is curtailed by fear.

This book dealt with interesting concepts and made me think about the world around me. I was also happy to finally understand what clairvoyance is as I had thought that the term described looking into the future rather than seeing what is around with more than the normal senses.
  Familyhistorian | Sep 21, 2014 |
I don't know if I would have enjoyed this book more in a print copy, or perhaps if I had read fewer nonfiction books about ghosts already, but I didn't bother to listen to all of CD1 before putting the whole set in my bag to return to the library. ( )
  JalenV | Aug 14, 2013 |
* LADYBOOKVOODOOREVIEW*

This guy is a good medium . Among many others that I have read. I am giving James as many stars that are book-world possible because this Medium I feel is as real as they come! He teaches us the ordinary people how to cope with death or spirit world. He really made me feel more at ease. Thanks James for all that you do! I believe that God made you special for this reason! God Bless.. . ( )
  Robineliza | Jul 31, 2013 |
Since living in, and consequently moving from, a haunted house and then years prior to that experience, receiving an unexpected communication from my great grandmother who passed away many years before, I'm intrigued by these types of occurrences.

While parts of this book were a bit too "new age like" for me, it was interesting and I recommend it.

For those who are skeptic, I think that until you actually experience such an event, most likely you will remain skeptical. For those who experienced things that go bump in the night, you might be interested in reading this one.
  Whisper1 | Aug 8, 2009 |
I feel guilty for enjoying this book, but I really enjoyed this book. ( )
  tgoodson | Aug 10, 2008 |

Everyone loves a good ghost story. Perhaps the human fascination with the supernatural stems from the fact that most of us, at some point in our lives, have experienced something we couldn't quite explain. From a very young age James Van Praagh was aware of a dimension that most of us cannot see, and he has dedicated his life to explaining it to the rest of us. Ghosts Among Us takes us on an incredible journey into the spirit world that brings to light one of our greatest mysteries—what happens to us after we die?

Van Praagh, the New York Times bestselling author and co-executive producer of the CBS series The Ghost Whisperer, shares his knowledge and life experience about ghosts, a subject that can seem to many of us both bizarre and terrifying. But when the world beyond is explained fully by an experienced guide, dismissal and apprehension can be turned into knowledge and inspiration. With incredible true ghost stories and surprising details about how ghosts actively participate in our lives, Van Praagh challenges us to question our perceptions and shows us how we can live more fully through understanding the world of spirits. Including eerily accurate readings, the author's development as a medium, and detailed how-to information, Ghosts Among Us is an all-encompassing guide to the supernatural.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:20 -0400)

Shares true encounter tales from the author's own life, reveals lesser-known details about how ghosts participate in everyday life, and discusses how to enable a more fulfilling life by being open to the spirit world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,375,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible