The Velvet Chair by Jennifer Stevenson

The Velvet Chair

by Jennifer Stevenson

1 (1) Chicago (3) comedy (1) con artists (2) curses (3) demons (3) ebook (1) fantasy (1) fiction (5) humor (3) investigation (1) library (1) love triangle (1) magic (2) mmpb (1) mystery (1) novel (1) paranormal (8) paranormal romance (4) pb (1) police (1) read (1) romance (13) scam (1) series (1) sff (1) supernatural (1) to-read (5) urban fantasy (1) wishlist (1)

I got this book from a blind book swap…Ok It’s a shelf in my local post office where people put books they don’t want anymore. But I did close my eyes when I choose (I’m quirky like that). I read it and fell in love! Jennifer’s characters are multi-dimensional and easy to relate to. The paranormal world created is easy to believe could exist. The whole story moved along quickly and kept me entertained. If I didn’t have to eat or work I would have finished the book in one day! I’m definitely going back to read the Brass Bed. ( )
  sworsnup | Feb 23, 2012 |
Hilariously funny. This is one of those books that I started reading and couldn't put down. ( )
  Camethyste | Dec 19, 2008 |
Way more coherent and cohesive than the first book in the series, but still not great. I am fascinated by the wide variety of authors that have blurbed these books, but I can't say I agree with the raves. ( )
  saltypepper | Aug 19, 2008 |
So, OK I thought. Even though I couldn't finish the "The Brass Bed", I'll give "The Velvet Chair" a go. I couldn't even get as far as I did with her first one before I just wanted to throw the book against the wall (if I weren't such a booklover, I would have) in frustration.

Once again the characters weren't very likable and the plot was just all over the place. The premise sounded good, but the execution was pitiful. No more books by this author for me. ( )
  jjmachshev | Jun 3, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345486692, Mass Market Paperback)

“Hot sex and hysterical humor. It doesn’t get any better than this.”
–Kate Douglas, author of the Wolf Tales series, on The Brass Bed

THE TREAT: Life with a sex demon is never boring
Jewel freed Randy from two centuries in a brass bed. Now he’s her booty slave.

THE TRICK: The Venus Machine will make you irresistible!
A new age swindler is selling beauty via the “Venus Machine.” Fraud cop Jewel is gonna bust him. So’s Jewel’s new partner, sexy con artist Clay. Randy and his mojo are along for the ride.

THE TRUTH: Can the contraption bring attraction?
Jewel gives the Venus Machine a test run to prove it’s a fountain of flimflam. Something wild kicks into high gear. Powerful machine or power of suggestion?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:05 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,794 books! | Top bar: Always visible