My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl

My Uncle Oswald (1979)

by Roald Dahl

English (18)  French (1)  All languages (19)
Fairly clever concept but it got a bit old. I was glad to see the cocky young protagonist get his comeuppance He really was a terrible person. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 22, 2014 |
Roald Dahl getting raunchy and sexy! Seriously and hilariously entertaining we follow a young man and his sexual trysts throughout the world.

After finding an exceptional powerful aphrodisiac our protagonist decides to start a very lucrative business selling the sperm of famous people to mothers who want to have the offspring of a genius. He and his team visit countless men of art, literature, psycology and science, seduce them, bag their boys and sell em.

So wonderful to have read this mans books as a kid and then find he is just as dirty and torrid as the rest of us in adulthood. ( )
  areadingmachine | Aug 19, 2014 |
Dirty, hilarious, and fantastic. ( )
  liz.mabry | Sep 11, 2013 |
I hesitate in giving this book 5 stars for it is no edifying work of superlative genius. Rather, it is a superbly-crafted and saucy tale that is impossible to put down. I shall have to read more by Mr. Dahl. ( )
  lucthegreat | Apr 27, 2013 |
Easily my favourite book, ever. I often re read it when I am on holiday, and it still gives me the giggles, even after many years. I have owned and given away many copies of this book, and need to acquire another one now. ( )
  lauren.castan | Apr 3, 2013 |

Roald Dahlprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Arnold, HansCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fritz-Crone, PelleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I do love a romp Oswald's Diaries, Vol. XIV
"M'encanta rebolcar-me" El diari d'Oswald vol. XIV
I am beginning, once agin, to have an urge to salute my Uncle Oswald.
Començo a sentir, un altre cop, l'impuls de saludar l'oncle Oswald.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0140055770, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:00 -0400)

The nameless narrator has revealed snippets of the lovable, lascivious Uncle Oswald's life in other collections, but this is the only novel--brief though it is--dedicated solely to the diaries of "the greatest fornicator of all time." Inspired by stories of the aphrodisiac powers of the Sudanese blister beetle, the palpable seductiveness of the lovely Yasmin Howcomely, and the scientific know-how of Professor A. R. Woresley, Uncle Oswald anticipates the concept of the Nobel sperm bank by some 40 years, flimflamming crowned heads, great artists, and eccentric geniuses into making "donations." The life of a commercial sperm broker has a few surprises even for a sophisticated bon vivant, and Dahl manages his signature sting-in-the-tail ending even in one of his lightest comic works.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,457,686 books! | Top bar: Always visible