Suckers by Jeff Strand
2012 (2) Andrew Mayhem (2) c (1) DRM (1) ebook (5) fantasy (1) fiction (4) free (1) freebie (1) hardcover (1) horror (7) humor (5) indie-kindle (2) K (2) Kindle (10) kindle-books (2) lendable (1) limited (1) mine (1) not free sf reader (1) novelette (1) RC (1) sf (1) short stories (2) short story (1) signed (2) thriller (1) to-read (12) untagged (1) vampires (2)

I love reading books by Strand! I've been reading his books for a while and I love them. And now that I read this one, I started buying books by J.A. Konrath, aka Jack Kilborn, with the expectation that I'll like his books too. So far I've only read AFRAID; that was real good but it was also a true thriller/horror novel, not the same humor type story that are included here. SUCKERS has a lot of humor. Much of it tasteless and gross but still funny if you have a bent sense of humor.

Originally SUCKERS was sold as a limited hardcover edition by Delirium Books; this ebook contains not only the novella SUCKERS but it also contains three short stories by Konrath (all Harry McGlade mysteries) and three short stories by Strand (all Andrew Mayhem thrillers). In total it's a good collection by two guys that know how to be funny. And horrific. I'm not sure which of the stories was my favorite. Konrath's were a bit more hardcore while Strand's followed a crazy progression that made them funnier. Konrath's "The Necro File" was definitely the most tasteless but at the same time had me smiling the whole way through. If you are a fan of either author, get this book and enjoy. If you are unsure, buy it anyway. If you are really unsure, read the sample from Amazon; it includes an introduction from both of them and Konrath's first story. That will give you more than you need to decide if you will like the rest of the book or not. ( )
  dagon12 | Dec 30, 2014 |
This book is about a vampire who sucks people’s blood. The vampires are a team who come at night and sucks people’s blood at 12pm – 3am. If the vampires are seen in the sun they well melt and burn and then die. The vampires first day out to stuck up peoples blood at night was on March the 11 and the vampires would only come out when it was that day at 12pm-3am. The main member of the vampire team is zack he is one of the best vampire sucks known to man. One day the vampires came out a day before March 11 and then dried up and died because they burned in the sun. Last is that if the vampires did not come out on that day they would have lived and still been alive.
What I liked about this book was that it was cool and interesting. In the book the author says really cool things that the vampires say back in forth to each other. Also Zack came out before that day and died that is what made me mad and I think he should have not did that. In the book it was so cool how the words sounded it was like you were in the book. The book had tons of real facts about vampire bats in it that was cool but not really. When the book began I thought it was going to be boring but then it became a good book. The book cover was cool and strange in a way. Clearly you can see what the book was about and what I liked about it.
  codyparker | Apr 1, 2011 |
J.A. Konrath & Jeff Strand teamup to give their fans a comedy packed action/horror that only their wit & wry know how to do so well. ( )
  Lame | May 26, 2008 |

Strand, Jeffprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Konrath, J. A.main authorall editionsconfirmed
It all started with mushrooms.

Andrew Mayhem sets off on a simple mission at the request of his wife: Get some spaghetti sauce. On his way to the store he meets Konrath's obnoxious private eye Harry McGlade, co-star of the Lt. Jack Daniels thrillers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,443,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible