Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card

Ender in Exile (edition 2008)

by Orson Scott Card

Member:LeonardIngram
Title:Ender in Exile
Authors:Orson Scott Card
Info:Tor Books (2008), Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Hardbound
Tags:Loc LR1

Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (Karlstar)
    Karlstar: Ender's Game is one of the best science fiction novels ever! Most people read the 2 novel version, which includes 'Speaker for the Dead'. Highly recommended!

English (53)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (55)
I am a big fan of [a:Orson Scott Card|589|Orson Scott Card|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1294099952p2/589.jpg]--[b:Ender's Game|375802|Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)|Orson Scott Card|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1214413570s/375802.jpg|2422333] is one of my all-time favorite books and I love the rest of the books set in the Battle School world. It's hard to top the genius of the original, though, so that's why books that come after can only ever merit four stars. This volume details the beginning of Ender's travels through the galaxy and the start of his future career as Speaker for the Dead. Highly recommended. ( )
  rwilliab | Nov 21, 2014 |
Some authors can take a great story idea and ruin it with dull and sometimes bizarre writing (see [b:American Gods|4407|American Gods|Neil Gaiman|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41loovywBdL._SL75_.jpg|1970226]). Some authors can take a story idea that's barely there and make it great with exciting and well-thought-out characters. This book takes place during a time period that was already covered in earlier Ender books, so there really wasn't that much of a story to tell. However, Orson Scott Card is such a good author that this isn't a big problem and the book is still enjoyable. If the story itself had been more interesting, I would have given it four stars. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
Felt a little rushed in spots, but I loved it. Getting to spend time with these characters is always a treat. Ender's letter to his parents almost made me cry.

As a book sandwiched between other books in the series chronologically, it was a bit anticlimactic. Can't exactly kill a character present on Lusitania or other colony worlds in the next book. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
Although I think some of the plot could have been done away with, the personal affects between characters revealed emotions withheld in Ender's Game. I haven't gotten around to rereading all the books yet, so I'm only drawing upon my rereading of Ender's Game, but I feel this book embellished on and made better chapters 14 and 15 of Ender's Game. Most particular, the Wiggins' e-mails and Graff's last e-mail to Ender were very moving. ( )
  liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |

Gibbons, LeeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Baydon Hilton, Jordan Hilton, Ricky Fenton

Romeo, Mercutio and Benvolio:
you continue to earn my trust and admiration as fellow travelers on the twisted path of life.
You understand that during the recent attempt by the Warsaw Pact to take over the International Fleet, our sole concern at EducAdmin was the safety of the children.

Ender saves the world,
Then rides on a fast space ship
Looking for buggers.

(legallypuzzled)

After twenty-three years, Orson Scott Card returns to his acclaimed best-selling series with the first true, direct sequel to the classic Ender's Game.

In Ender’s Game, the world’s most gifted children were taken from their families and sent to an elite training school. At Battle School, they learned combat, strategy, and secret intelligence to fight a dangerous war on behalf of those left on Earth. But they also learned some important and less definable lessons about life.

After the life-changing events of those years, these children—now teenagers—must leave the school and readapt to life in the outside world.

Having not seen their families or interacted with other people for years—where do they go now? What can they do?

Ender fought for humanity, but he is now reviled as a ruthless assassin. No longer allowed to live on Earth, he enters into exile. With his sister Valentine, he chooses to leave the only home he’s ever known to begin a relativistic—and revelatory—journey beyond the stars.

What happened during the years between Ender’s Game and Speaker for the Dead? What did Ender go through from the ages of 12 through 35? The story of those years has never been told. Taking place 3000 years before Ender finally receives his chance at redemption in Speaker for the Dead, this is the long-lost story of Ender.

For twenty-three years, millions of readers have wondered and now they will receive the answers. Ender in Exile is Orson Scott Card’s moving return to all the action and the adventure, the profound exploration of war and society, and the characters one never forgot.

On one of these ships, there is a baby that just may share the same special gifts as Ender’s old friend Bean

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:48 -0400)

At the close of "Ender's Game," Andrew Wiggin--called Ender--is told that he can no longer live on Earth. The 12-year-old chooses to leave his home world and begins the long relativistic journey out to the colonies.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,456,975 books! | Top bar: Always visible