Loretta: Ace Pinky Scout by Keith Graves

Loretta: Ace Pinky Scout

by Keith Graves

Impulse grab at the library because I've liked others by Graves. This was fun, but I just can't say it's special enough to recommend. I used to be a perfectionist (if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right) and this story would not have helped me. I think I like Graves' animals better than his people. The monsters from whom Loretta must save the world are the highlight of the illustrations here. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Loretta: Ace Pinky Scout is about a girl who believes she is perfect. Just like her ancestors, she excels at everything she does and has a badge to prove it. The only badge missing is for roasting marshmallows. Loretta practices for months, but when the time comes to earn her bade, she burns the marshmallow. She is completely devastated, until her grandmother's picture talks to her. Her gran lets her know that she wasn't perfect and neither was her ancestors, and thats ok. Loretta feels better and decides to focus on what she is good at. This is a story about overcoming the pressure you put on yourself. No one is perfect and we all have flaws. We have to embrace what we are good at and use it for good. ( )
  mamontgomery | Mar 7, 2016 |
In Loretta's family, every girl scout was perfect. Loretta had to get one more badge that she had been studying and practicing for. But Loretta failed for the first time ever. She got some great advice from an unexpected person. With that advice she was able to save the world and get a medal from the president. This book like many others shows that no one is perfect. Even if though people not perfect they can do amazing things. I loved how the grandmaw's picture came alive and talked to the girl. ( )
  achatela | Apr 20, 2013 |

She can save the world - but she can't roast a marshmallow!
An hilarious story about a heroic young Scout who is plagued by her desire for perfection.

Loretta is perfect. From knowing the scout manual by heart, to pressing 375 pounds -- to saving the world every Tuesday -- there is nothing Loretta doesn't excel in. She has earned every known merit badge in the universe - except for one -- The Golden Marshmallow Badge. She can't roast a marshmallow to save her life. Overcome by her failure to acheive, Loretta is reminded by her grandmother that even the most perfect people are flawed. With this new-found knowledge, Loretta gains the courage to accept her imperfect self -- and go on saving the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:13 -0400)

Loretta, unrelenting perfectionist, is devastated when she fails to earn the Golden Marshmallow Badge, but her grandmother's picture gives her a new perspective on things.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,251,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible