Diana : her true story by Andrew Morton

Diana : her true story (1992)

by Andrew Morton

English (5)  Dutch (1)  All (6)
I really enjoyed reading this book, even though the time period was before the Princess of Wales and The Prince of Wales divorced or the Princess’ passing. It was evident as to why the people of England named Diana “The People’s Princess”. Her compassion and humanitarian efforts were outstanding. I wish I had been able to meet the Princess as she is a role model for good. I wasn’t surprised to find out how isolated Diana felt being in the Royal family. If you are interested in the royal family; especially the late Princess I suggest this book to you. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
This book is probably the foremost and authoritative book on who the real and true Diana, Princess of Wales was. Just as Candle in the Wind is her song, this IS Diana's book.
This is historically accurate biographical information told by the woman that was behind it from the beginning, Diana. This is a classic biography. ( )
  Digesha | May 22, 2009 |
  anlor43 | Apr 13, 2007 |
This book (Dutch translation of Diana: her true story in her own words) is a republishing of the 1992 biography by Andrew Morton. This edition, published after her death, contains a chapter with Diana's thoughts on various subjects. The book also contains new pictures and a chapter on her death.
  royalhistorian | Apr 6, 2007 |
quasi-authorized biography; rocky past with photos

8.93
  aletheia21 | Feb 27, 2007 |
The tragic death of Diana, Princess of Wales on 31 August 1997 plunged the world into paroxysms of grief, despair and regret, unrivalled in the modern era. (Foreword)
[My first memory] is really the smell of the inside of my pram.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0671024124, Mass Market Paperback)

Diana: Her True Story was originally published in 1992 under the guise of a quasi-authorized biography, with mostly unnamed courtiers and royalty as the accredited sources. It instantly became a sizzling, international bestseller that lanced the boil of Windsor family dysfunction, triggering a chain of events that led to Charles and Diana's divorce. After her tragic death in 1997, Andrew Morton revealed that Diana herself had not only been the main source for the book, but had also edited his original drafts for accuracy. In return for this gold mine of information, Diana wanted complete anonymity for fear of retaliation from the queen. Her True Story in Her Own Words is enhanced by more than 75 full-color photographs of the princess, from her childhood in Althorp to her marriage to Charles at Westminster Abbey to her humanitarian efforts, and finally to her unforgettable funeral service. However, the most poignant portrayal of the princess emerges from the unedited transcriptions of Diana's interviews with Morton: "I think I'm going to cut a very different path from everyone else. I'm going to break away from this setup and go and help the man on the street."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:07 -0400)

An intimate portrait of the Princess of Wales describes her public and private life, reveals details about her marital problems, and discusses her attitudes toward motherhood and public service.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,448,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible