The Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie…

The Enchanted Broccoli Forest (edition 1995)

by Mollie Katzen

Member:tiffin
Title:The Enchanted Broccoli Forest
Authors:Mollie Katzen
Info:Ten Speed Press
Tags:Cookbook

Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen

Recently added byprivate library, galphin, imjyfl, Annarose.Foley, bluet, AbneyLibri, Ott_Creath, amyem58

This was the gift of a friend. I'm a proud carnivore and this is not a book I would ordinarily have bought myself, though I understand it's a classic among vegetarians. It's very hippie, with drawings and hand-lettering. Some of the recipes sounded too weird (Almond Soup?) but others exotically interesting (Sunflower Millet Bread). In the end, it's a cookbook that grew on me as I tried recipes and one among a handful that are keepers--even if I'm never going to give up flesh eating... ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Sep 11, 2013 |
Count me disenchanted with the Enchanted Broccoli Forest. I find the recipes in here needlessly strange and the sort of vegetarian food people snicker at when poking fun at vegetarianism. Someone needs to point out to Katzen that it really is okay to make vegetarian food that is "normal" food -- more appealing to the palate of the masses. ( )
  refashionista | Mar 1, 2009 |
Ms. Katzen is a hero to vegetarian cooks everywhere, and she’s also an accomplished artist. Readers of her many cookbooks are treated to sunny watercolor images of inviting breakfast tables and studied line drawings of vegetable cross-sections. The Moosewood Cookbook is probably her most famous title, but Broccoli Forest was my first cookbook, and the one nearest and dearest to my heart. Note the care she put in writing and illustrating every lovely page by hand. Her recipes are laid out in simple, unassuming instructions; her tone is always friendly and encouraging.
  CaraOrban | Feb 25, 2009 |
Chatty, "hand written" style 'tho sometimes a little 'busy' on a page. I like the section indexes and the formulas for quiches in general, vegetable combos, mixes of various muffins and desserts ( )
  cookebooks | Jan 1, 2008 |
Love the brownies out of this one! ( )
  neontapir | Oct 6, 2007 |

Shares hundreds of recipes from soups to desserts and in a variety of ethnic cooking styles -- that call for fresh ingredients and no meats.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,334,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible