Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Steel Forgings: Design, Production, Selection, Testing and Application,…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0803133693, Paperback)Manual 53 is a comprehensive, in-depth publication that covers the full range and scope of steel forgings. Twenty-two comprehensive chapters discuss:
• Background information on the classification of forgings according to the method of manufacture:
• Importance of steel production methods in establishing the expected properties:
• A critical review of over 60 ASTM forging standards covering applications as diverse as railroad and power generation equipment, pressure vessel components, and a wide range of general industrial equipment
• The effect of various types of forging operations relative to soundness and application
• Specialized nondestructive testing methods developed for forgings
• Economic and quality factors regarding the choice between forgings and other steel product forms
• Special considerations in the heat treatment of forgings
• Pros and cons of the timing of machining and the effect of test specimen location on the anticipated mechanical properties of the forging
• Surface treatments for enhancing forging performance and life
• Forging flaws and examples of service problems
Manual 53 is both a practical and vital resource for design engineers; purchasing managers; manufacturers of pressure vessels, turbines, and generators; metallurgical engineers; university professors, and lawyers.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:46 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.