Eve of Chaos by S.J. Day

Eve of Chaos

by S.J. Day

Series: Marked (3)

The books improved- I think the first two books would have been better as one, or even all three as one. There is way too much graphic sex for my liking but I really enjoy the subject matter. I believe Ms. Day has written enjoyable urban fantasy, though her writing is a little simplistic they are still fun to read. ( )
  VicBT | Sep 29, 2014 |
I just finished with the third book of this series and only gave the series a four star rating. Its a good story, i'm not sure why I am still buying the series though. I can't really pick up the story and lose myself in it for some reason. It's not fast paced like her other books. I kept waiting for it to get good but it just baffled me and I just wanted to read something else. Maybe someone else can identify with the series. I'm three books in and giving up. ( )
  ijpanko | Apr 27, 2013 |
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

I loved this book!

The book picks up where the 2nd book, Eve of Destruction, leaves off, with Evangeline trying to figure out how to deal with all of the crap on her plate, her boss missing and presumed dead, and Alec (a.k.a Cain) not at all himself.

When Raguel went missing, only a handful of people thought he was still alive given the fact that Cain was promoted to archangel (presumably to fill his void). Eve feels that she would KNOW if he was dead though, and is bound and determined to find and rescue him. Unfortunately, that's only 1 of her MANY problems. She is on the run from Satan (what's new, right!?) after recently running over his dog, her relationship with Alec (Cain) is getting worse and worse following his promotion and the strangeness he's exhibiting because of it, and she's not sure what to do with her growing feelings for Reed (Abel).

The entire book from beginning to end is chock full of action. There are some super sexy moments (something you don't always get in an Urban Fantasy), characters that you can't help but love and hate, and a tantalizing plot with hints and sub-stories that are utterly compelling.

Even though I generally don't like love triangles, the tension filled relationship between Cain (Alec), Eve and Reed (Abel) is essential to the plot of these books and thoroughly enjoyable in its own right (as surprising as I found that to be, personally). :)

As you may have noticed online, MARKED is listed in most places as a "Trilogy". Given the ending of this book it's just not possible... it would be utterly unfair to leave the reader with so many questions and jaw dropping awe. After a little research, I discovered that because of SJ's dual writing personality, there was more need for her time on her other series and therefore, these books didn't get picked up again. They have been re-released now with new covers and things, and thankfully, the follow-up novella Eve of Warfare that supposedly wraps things up a bit is still available in eBook format (yes I will be reading this ASAP!). There is actually another short story following that, Eve of Sin City, so us MARKED fans have a tiny bit more before we have to say adieu.

LITERAL ADDICTION gives Eve of Chaos 5 Skulls and would recommend the entire series to Urban Fantasy fans far and wide. I think Paranormal Romance readers who enjoy plots rooted in religion would enjoy these books as well. There isn't a lot of romance, but when it's there, it's fabulous. ( )
  LITERALADDICTION | Mar 17, 2013 |
It's not like I'm enjoying this series enough that I particularly want to read more of it, but the last book of a trilogy and it ends on a flipping cliffhanger? Boo. ( )
  thewalkinggirl | Oct 24, 2011 |
Ok series ( )
  gerleliz | Aug 30, 2009 |

How do you tell Satan you ran over his hellhound? Evangeline Hollis has no idea and she doesn't want to find out. Living with the mark of Cain--and the two sexy brothers who come with it--is trouble enough. She doesn't need to borrow more...Incensed at the loss of his pet, Satan has put a bounty on Eve's head, and Hell's denizens are converging en masse. Can a Mark drafted by God strike a bargain with the Devil? Eve's about to find out.… (more)

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,900,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible