Nightmare Inspector: Yumekui Kenbun, Volume…

Nightmare Inspector: Yumekui Kenbun, Volume 2

by Shin Mashiba

The "Nightmare Inspector" series just keeps getting better and better! The two-part story of the man and his dream painting, was well done (with a couple of nice surprise "twists" that you really don't see coming). And I also greatly enjoyed the introduction of the "Delirium" place, where one goes to have ones fantasies fulfilled. If Hiruko and the Silver Tea House are there to investigate and cure customers of their dreams, then Delirium is there to indulge them in their wishes, with the catch that they are then stuck in their fantasies, for better or (usually) for worse.

ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |

ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |
I liked this second volume of the series well enough, but not enough to keep me from being done with this series. Maybe it has been too long since I read the first one, which I quite liked, or maybe this one just wasn't as good. Or maybe I was just grumpy when I read it. ( )
  Dauntless | Apr 7, 2013 |

For those who suffer nightmares, help awaits at the Silver Star Tea House, where patrons can order much more than just Darjeeling. Hiruko is a special kind of private investigator. He's a dream eater. And he'll rid you of your darkest visions...for a price.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,954,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible