Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping by Peggy Parish

Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping (edition 1985)

by Peggy Parish, Lynn Sweat (Illustrator)

1,078247,745 (3.79)None
Member:hcurrey
Title:Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
Authors:Peggy Parish
Other authors:Lynn Sweat (Illustrator)
Info:Greenwillow Books (1985), Hardcover, 56 pages
Tags:beginning reader, friends

Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping by Peggy Parish

learning to camp out in the wilderness with Amelia, becomes a adventure.
  raul-lakes | Dec 16, 2013 |
Amelia Bedelia goes camping is another crazy Amelia adventure. She takes everything too literally, and nothing really clicks in her head right away. She did not understand that they had to build the camp site, she thought they were sleeping in the car. My favorite part of this book is when they're eating cookies and she said she made up a new kind- chocolate- but she put the cookies and potato chips in one bag and called them "chocolate chip cookies". I think this book is a great way to make children think about actual terms and words. When you're young it doesn't click right away that a chocolate chip cookie is a cook with pieces of chocolate in it. ( )
  TPicou | Sep 28, 2013 |
Amelias character is one that takes things so literal. It reminds me of how literal children can be, and how literal I was as a child. To me the importance of showing children such a humorous book they can relate to is very meaningful. Sometimes children need someone to relate to and I think they can definately relate to Amelia. I love when Mr. Roges says "let's hit the road." and she literally grabs a stick and hits the road with it. ( )
  HillaryBertucci | Sep 2, 2013 |
This is an Amelia Bedelia book about camping. This would be a good book for a beginning reader and I think it can help children think about the way certain phrases are worded. ( )
  HannahRevard | Sep 2, 2013 |
amilia went camping and she did lots of crazy things. ( )
  Lisa11Rose3 | Feb 14, 2013 |

Camp Out

Amelia Bedelia has never been camping in the great outdoors before. She's trying her best to do exactly as she's told, but pitching a tent is not the same as throwing it into the bushes, and catching a fish with your bare hands isn't easy. As usual, the mixed-up housekeeper makes this camping trip one hugely entertaining adventure.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:04 -0400)

As always, Amelia Bedelia follows exactly the instructions given to her on a camping trip, including pitching a tent and rowing boats.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,353,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible