Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong

Malcom's tale "Infusion": This was a good short story set well before the book Bitten. In this story you will learn more about Malcolm and the birth of his son Jeremy. Very interesting backstory and helps explain their relationship quite a bit.

Clayton narrates "Savage": Excellent story! This backstory is Clay's (one of the main characters in Bitten). It covers everything from how he became a werewolf, his childhood and growing up experiences, how he joined the pack, to how he obtained his current place in it. I highly recommend this backstory for anyone who wants to know or understand Clay more.

Clayton narrates "Ascension": Another excellent short story that takes place before the events in Bitten. This story covers the power struggles within the pack from when the old Alpha was alive and well, to how the next Alpha was chosen and ascended to the position. Excellent for understanding some of the internal conflicts and resentments that are at the core of the plot of first full book Bitten.

Jeremy tells "Kitsunegari": A quick, but interesting story that gives us some insight into Jeremy's background and where some of his unique gifts came from. ( )
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
One name. CLAYTON! I just freaking looove him ;) ( )
  Wasabiishot | May 9, 2017 |
LOved it but I want to know more about Jeremy
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
Great to learn how Clayton became a werewolf and grew up with Jeremy. Also cool to get more of Jeremy's back story. I'm sure it was also a setup for a future story. Great read! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Definite must read for Armstrong fans, as this book explains Jeremy's heritage, Clay's beginnings in the Bayou and how he came to live with Jeremy. The parts of the book describing Clay as a "pup" are alone worth the read.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
For my readers, who asked for these stories, which was just the excuse I needed to tell them.
"Antonio." Dominic walked to the table and plunked down a bottle of cheap champagne.
"At school, our classroom had a small rodent zoo consisting of two rabbits, three hamsters, a litter of baby gerbils and a guinea pig. At first, I’d thought the teacher was raising snack food, which impressed me, being the first sign of intelligence she’d shown."
"Kids who don’t eavesdrop on adult conversations are doomed to a childhood of ignorance."

bn.com- As a curious six-year-old, Clayton didn’t resist the bite—he asked for it. But surviving as a lone child-werewolf was more than he could manage—until Jeremy came along and taught him how to straddle the human-werewolf worlds, gave him a home…and introduced him to the Pack. So begins this tantalizing volume, featuring three of the most intriguing members of the American Pack—a hierarchical founding family where bloodlines mean everything and each day presents a new, thrilling, and often deadly challenge. For as Clayton grows from a wild child to a clever teen who tests his beloved mentor at every turn, he must learn not only to control his animal instincts but to navigate Pack politics—including showing his brutal archnemesis, Malcolm, who the real Alpha is....

From the nature of fear, weakness, and courage, to the triumph of belonging and the complications of love and loyalty, these mesmerizing tales reveal the trials of a werewolf coming-of-age, and lay bare the hearts and minds of the men strong enough for the women of the Otherworld—and adept enough to take on two worlds.

As a curious six-year-old, Clayton didn't resist the bite--he asked for it. But surviving as a lone child-werewolf was more than he could manage--until Jeremy came along and taught him how to straddle the human-werewolf worlds, gave him a home...and introduced him to the Pack. This compendium of four tales introduces the Men of the Otherworld and includes an all-new story.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kelley Armstrong's book Men of the Otherworld was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,430,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible