Dark and Dangerous (Zebra Romantic Suspense)…

Dark and Dangerous (Zebra Romantic Suspense)

by Jeanne Adams

Dark and Dangerous is author Jeanne Adam's debut novel, and I have got to say, it starts out with a bang and just keeps on going. This novel is one of the best in its genre, Romantic Suspense, that I've read in a while. The romance, action, and suspense are blended together perfectly in this well plotted, fast-paced novel. I was drawn into the undercover world and amazed at how she was able to give such great details without taking me out of the story or overwhelming me.

The suspenseful first meeting between Dana Markham and Caine Bradley is one that was unexpected and unforgetable. And, as you read the attraction between Dana and Cain develop it's hard to believe they didn't set off sparks with their first kiss.
Dana is a strong heroine who has learned how to survive and protect both herself and her son, Xavier, from the clutches of her ex-husband, Donovan Walker. I believe if she had to, Dana could have survived and ran from Donovan without the help of Cain, but together they make a strong team and are each other's equal.

Caine is a FBI undercover agent who knows his job and how to succeed in it. He also knows that an agent should never get close to those they are protecting... but, it can't be denied, there's something different about Dana and Xavier. He'll go above and beyond to assure their safety, even if it means breaking the rules.

I can certainly see Dark and Dangerous on the big screen as an action movie. It has all the right elements and balance of action, suspense, and romance that'll quickly draw you into the story from beginning to end.

I definitely recommend Dark and Dangerous to any Romantic Suspense reader and to those who'd like to try this genre. ( )
  aliciaeflores1 | Sep 10, 2008 |
A very fine contemporary romantic suspense. "Dark and Dangerous" is the debut book by author Jeanne Adams. After I finished the story, I had to go research to confirm this was her first published book. It was so good I assumed she must have other books out...but no, this is her first. Her characters were so well drawn and the plot was so smooth...bravo! Just bravo!

The action in this story begins on page one and keeps going at break-neck pace until the end. The heroine and her son are believable and likable. The hero is definitely dark and dangerous, but also hot! When the three of them end up on the run, you're ready to rush out to help them so cheering them on is no problem. My biggest complaint was the length of the book. I think it needed to be a big longer to make the relationship more believable, but it did not interrupt my enjoyment one bit. If you're an Iris Johansen or Linda Howard romantic suspense fan, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of this book. ( )
  jjmachshev | Jun 21, 2008 |

Dana Markham is up against a cold blooded killer who knows her all too well: Donovan Walker. Wanted for drug trafficking, armed and dangerous, he's also her ex husband. What she knows about him could land him behind bars forever...or put her and her young son in an early grave if Donovan finds them first. Dana's one chance lies with a man she barely knows at all. Tall and darkly sensual, Caine Bradley is an undercover FBI agent who's been posing as Walker's henchman. Compelled to work with Caine to lure her ex out of hiding, Dana must fight against her own raw, urgent needs. But is he who he says he is? Her passionate desire for him cold be her salvation---or her greatest mistake.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible