Fox in Socks (Beginner Books) by Dr. Seuss

Fox in Socks (Beginner Books) (1965)

by Dr. Seuss

Join my campaign to have "Do you choose to chew goo, too, sir?" added to Dr. Seuss's entry in Bartlett's. www.petitionape/petitions~redirect%=fawkesnsox.com. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Oct 27, 2014 |
This book is a complete tongue twister. A clever fox interacts with a character named Knox throughout the book. Knox is instructed by the fox to say many tongue twisting sentences that rhyme. The fox keeps instructing Knox to to say these rhyming sentences out loud and Knox is completely confused though out the whole book. At the end of the book, Knox turns the tables on the fox and gives him a little taste of his own medicine.
  astinchavez | Sep 4, 2014 |
Fox in Socks is a tongue twister that could be fun for any elementary school child to read. Lower elementary students might do better if the teacher reads this book because the rhymes can make it a tricky read. However, the silly pictures make it worth the effort for them to attempt it if they feel up to the challenge. Upper elementary students will enjoy trying to read the rhymes in this book quickly without any mistakes. This is a good book to use for young students who are practicing phonemic awareness because of how word differ based on phonemes or to work on letter-sound relationships. During my teaching internship in a second grade classroom last fall, I successfully used this book to work with a student on reading –ock aloud, a task that he had previously struggled with. Overall, this is an enjoyable book that would make a great addition to many classroom libraries.
  cseiger | Jun 2, 2014 |
ther are lots of wacky stuff ( )
  Rm10 | May 20, 2014 |
Author Dr. Seuss
Title Fox in Socks
Illustrator Dr. Seuss
Publisher Random House INC.
Date 1965
Pages 62

Summary of main plot: This book is just random and is a tongue twister that's for sure. This fox is a tricky fox. New socks two socks whose socks? Sue's socks. These are just some examples of the words in this book and there really isn't a set plot to this book. It is just all over the place. Like Goo goose chews glue while tweedle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle. So yea random.

Tags or subject headings would be tongue twister

My response: I kind of liked this book I mean it is a Dr. Seuss book so who doesn't like Dr. Seuss but all the tongue ties and everything I am not sure of lol. I don't think I read this book much as a kid because it confused me because of how random it was. ( )
  Mihalevich | Apr 23, 2014 |
As we mouth his refusals, we ourselves conform: we, readers of books aloud, have pronounced exactly the tongue-tying utterance that Knox declares himself unable, or unwilling, to say.

For Mitzi Long and Audrey Dimond of the Mt. Soledad Lingual Laboratories
Fox
Socks
Box
Knox

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800389, Hardcover)

"This Fox is a tricky fox. He'll try to get your tongue in trouble." Dr. Seuss gives fair warning to anyone brave enough to read along with the Fox in Socks, who likes to play tongue-twisting games with his friend Mr. Knox. "Here's an easy game to play. Here's an easy thing to say.... New socks. Two socks. Whose socks? Sue's socks." But Mr. Fox Socks isn't about to let Knox off so easy. Soon Goo-Goose is choosing to chew chewy gluey blue goo, while tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle (in case you were wondering, that's called a "tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle"). Mr. Knox gets exasperated: "I can't blab such blibber blubber! My tongue isn't made of rubber." But he catches on to the game before it's all through. One of Seuss's best, this must-read-aloud classic is guaranteed to get many giggles out of readers young and old. (Ages 4 to 8) --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:27 -0400)

A collection of tongue twisters that is "an amusing exercise for beginning readers.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,038,000 books! | Top bar: Always visible