Fox in Socks (Beginner Books(R)) by Dr.…

Fox in Socks (Beginner Books(R)) (original 1965; edition 1965)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:paugust
Title:Fox in Socks (Beginner Books(R))
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1965), Hardcover
Tags:Children's

Fox in Socks (Beginner Books) by Dr. Seuss (1965)

Tongue twisters galore - read this straight through (no easy feat) with my preschool class. Whew! ( )
  EllAreBee | Sep 19, 2016 |
This book is a book of tongue twisters from a fox in socks to a tweetle beetle noodle poodle bottled paddled muddled duddled fuddled wuddled fox in socks. This book can be used in a early elementary to introduce ending sounds, rhyme and the creation word families. ( )
  TiffanyA | Apr 21, 2016 |

I liked “Fox in Socks” for two reasons. First, I saw this book being read to a first grade class and they loved it. The teacher made the theme of the day “wacky socks”, so all the students had funky socks pulled over their pants and they really enjoyed this. They also thought it was funny to see the teacher trying to read quickly without messing up any of the tongue twisters. Second, I liked this book because it gives children the opportunity to explore Dr. Suess. I believe all of his books are so fun for children, and if children have the opportunity to read one or get one read to them, I believe it will open doors to an interest in literature. While I was observing this book, the teacher did an activity with shared reading, and the students repeated silly tongue twisters back after she read them the first time. The main idea of this book is presented through the different rhyming combinations that Fox presents Mr. Knox with. The book has one character who is peppy and another who is cranky, but it adds humor, which is entertaining for children. ( )
  aseipp1 | Mar 7, 2016 |
I liked this book for two reasons. First, I loved the writing of this story because the fun rhyming scheme that teach children to be able to hear the sounds of rhyming words, like fox, socks, Knox. Second, I liked the language in this story, the wording is patterned with words and tongue twisters and the language is quite descriptive even if some of the words don't make any sense. It is a great introductory book to teach children how to notice the basic sound of words and how some words sound similar to one another. ( )
  mhartz4 | Mar 6, 2016 |
loved reading the rhymes out loud ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
As we mouth his refusals, we ourselves conform: we, readers of books aloud, have pronounced exactly the tongue-tying utterance that Knox declares himself unable, or unwilling, to say.

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Suesssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mitzi Long and Audrey Dimond of the Mt. Soledad Lingual Laboratories
Fox
Socks
Box
Knox

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800389, Hardcover)

"This Fox is a tricky fox. He'll try to get your tongue in trouble." Dr. Seuss gives fair warning to anyone brave enough to read along with the Fox in Socks, who likes to play tongue-twisting games with his friend Mr. Knox. "Here's an easy game to play. Here's an easy thing to say.... New socks. Two socks. Whose socks? Sue's socks." But Mr. Fox Socks isn't about to let Knox off so easy. Soon Goo-Goose is choosing to chew chewy gluey blue goo, while tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle (in case you were wondering, that's called a "tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle"). Mr. Knox gets exasperated: "I can't blab such blibber blubber! My tongue isn't made of rubber." But he catches on to the game before it's all through. One of Seuss's best, this must-read-aloud classic is guaranteed to get many giggles out of readers young and old. (Ages 4 to 8) --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:21 -0400)

A collection of tongue twisters that is "an amusing exercise for beginning readers.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,132,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible