Fritz and the beautiful horses by Jan Brett

Fritz and the beautiful horses (original 1981; edition 1981)

by Jan Brett

Title:Fritz and the beautiful horses
Authors:Jan Brett
Info:Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 1981.
Collections:Your library, Children's, Mom's

Fritz and the Beautiful Horses by Jan Brett (1981)

I enjoyed this book because I have always liked horses, but this one was especially fun. I loved the illustrations which is part of the reason I picked the book up in the first place, and I really appreciate the fact that its main point is that we should not underestimate someone who looks different than us. This book is appropriate for kindergarten through third grade.
  Sarah.Lew | Apr 30, 2015 |
In a city known for it's beautiful horses, Fritz is an outcast. He is not beautiful, but he is also not fussy and doesn't leap and prance when ridden. When the city's children need help crossing the river, the pretty horses are too scared and Fritz comes to the rescue. ( )
  MelindaBoland | Mar 13, 2015 |
In a walled city where only the most beautiful horses were kept, Fritz a sure-footed pony was made to keep out, though fritz dreamed of carrying a child he was not beautiful enough. Though in the climax of the story Fritz proves beauty is only a shallow characteristic and he becomes valued by the towns people for being kind, gentle, courageous, and sure-footed. This is one of my favorite stories growing up, and will occasionally still read it, because it helped me understand beauty is only skin-deep and there are other characteristics to obtain that are more important to ones character. I recommend this book to everyone, but specifically children ages of 4-10 years old.
  KylieNelson | Apr 18, 2013 |
from notecard for class in 2004:

Rating: 3 (out of a 3 star system?)

Summary: Fritz is a pony, who despite being kind and dependable, is excluded from the city because he is not a beautiful horse. Finally Fritz saves the day and wins the love of the people.

RL: 3.4; IL: LG
  YoungGeekyLibrarian | Dec 24, 2011 |
Fritz, the dependable sure footed pony, saves the day and is allowed to be apart of the city that only accepts beautiful horses. I think the moral is a little backwards, but Jan Brett's heart is in the right place. I love the artwork. ( )
  JohannaJ | Dec 3, 2011 |
for my mother and father
Once there was a walled city known for its beautiful horses.

Fritz, a pony excluded from the group of beautiful horses within the walled city, becomes a hero when he rescues the children of the city.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:48 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,891,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible