The Search for Balance (Just Between Us) by…

The Search for Balance (Just Between Us)

by Jill Briscoe

13None723,089NoneNone

No reviews

A Note from Jill Briscoe

Dear Friends,

Sometimes it's hard to figure out what we should be doing. There's so much to be done--all of it seemingly legitimate and necessary. How then do we decide which part of the all must be done today? We can try and make a list of our priorities, but it's hard to see which is the most important thing of all the important tasks we list.

Jesus said, "Seek first his kingdom" (Matt. 6:33). The overarching principle is to put the King and His interests first. This does not necessarily mean church things, or religious rituals, or exercises. Putting the King first may mean mothering, practical tasks, career advancement, even rest or recreation. We need to try and work out What the King Says Is First Today. This delivers us from a rigid hierarchy of priorities, such as God first, Family next, church last--or family first, church next, me last, etc.

All of us are different. We are in different seasons of life. Our gifts, families, and spiritual maturity levels vary. However, can we judge what others should be putting first? We can't--and we shouldn't. It's hard enough to sort it out for ourselves.

It's a start if we can be obedient to the priorities He dictates on a day-to-day basis. We need to be flexible as we find our list of priorities changing from day to day. Today the King may say--stay home and mother. Tomorrow--go and witness to a neighbor or teach a Bible study. The next day He may ask us to allow other people to care for our children. A friend of mine says if Jesus is first, you'll know what's next.

For women who serve Jesus, priorities abound. It's not a question of choosing between good and bad, but between better and best! We know God needs to set our agendas and chart our course--but how? If only He would type us out a schedule every day! Instead, He lets us do that.

Choices, after all, are one of God's great gifts to us. They give us a chance to fathom it out and grow because of the decisions we make. What a privilege to have God trust us to decide what comes first on a day-to-day basis.

May He not be disapointed.

In His Love,

Jill Briscoe

For more information about Just Between Us resources, visit this page.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:06 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,999 books! | Top bar: Always visible