Teedie: The Story of Young Teddy Roosevelt…

Teedie: The Story of Young Teddy Roosevelt

by Don Brown

This is a great starter biography for kids - especially kids who might be weaker physically or sick (as Teddy Roosevelt himself had been). Lots of quotes and facts presented simply and with good flow. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
As a child Teddy Roosevelt was a weak little boy. But he had a large mind! I really enjoy the quote in the story that the author added in "I do not believe a child's book is really good unless grown-ups get something out of it." I can relate to this because i always find myself picking up new facts here and there. I especially liked this book because I did not know much about Teddy Roosevelt. Teddy was know for being gallant and courageous. He became known for that during the war between America and Spain. I also learned that at the time of his election he was the youngest president we have ever had. He was only 42! ( )
  Phallan | Jan 25, 2017 |
This is the perfect book to read to children. We all learn about Teddy Roosevelt but we never really see what it was like for him as a child. His health wasn't perfect which many children can relate to. He had a lot of struggles but we know him today because of what he made of his life. It's important for children to see him as a young child and relate to him. ( )
  Paigealyssa | Jan 21, 2016 |
This biography chronicles the childhood, and adulthood of Theodore, or "Teedie" Roosevelt. In his youth, he enjoyed spending time with his family in New York City, but he also struggled with asthma and nearsightedness. After losing his wife, he went to the Dakota Badlands and became a cowboy. He returned to New York City a changed, much stronger, man. Being appointed NYC police commissioner catapulted his political career. He was named the 26th President of the United States in 1901, after the assassination of President McKinley. Teddy would go on to protect and contribute to our nation in many ways. ( )
  slbenne1 | Nov 24, 2014 |
This biography is very informative about the young life of Theodore Roosevelt. The author, Don Brown, does a wonderful job giving details about the former President's childhood. One fact that stuck out to me was, his nickname was Teedie. Until reading this, I thought everyone had always called him Teddy. The illsutrations in this book were very colorful also. I would read this to my students when talking about history and past Presidents. ( )
  jpons | Oct 9, 2014 |

As a young boy, Theodore "Teedie" Roosevelt was small, had weak eyes, and frail muscles. But Teedie was also inquisitive, brave, and self-sufficient. Determined to overcome his childhood ailments, Teedie changed from a timid homebody into an adventurous man. He explored the Wild West, fought in the Spanish-American War, served as president of the United States, and helped build the Panama Canal.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,605,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible