Cold Town by Sarah Diamond

Cold Town

by Sarah Diamond

Thirty seven year old Terry Fielding is having a lot of problems. The terror of redundancy. A wife who is moving away from him further each day. Recurring memories of a little girl who died twenty seven years ago. Then he meets Rosina, and nothing matters anymore only his time he spends with her.

My Thoughts:

This is the second book by Sarah Diamond that I have read and I feel that this is not as good as Rescue Me. This book was all about obssession. Terry is obssessed with his past and with everything else going on around him, he becomes on the verge of a nervous break down. When Rosina appears on the scene all he wants is her and to escape, but everything is not what it seems only Terry can’t see it till it is too late.

For what the story line was, this book was a little bland. The story itself is quite good but the book lacked something. I felt I was been dragged along with Terry and just felt like shouting out at him to get a grip. Which in turn just got me annoyed.

I didn’t really enjoy this book although I did finish it. I have read a lot better books with a similar theme. ( )
  tina1969 | May 19, 2011 |

Thirty-seven-year-old Terry Fielding is having a lot of problems—the terror of losing his job, a wife who moves further away from him each day, and recurring memories of a little girl named Katie, who died 27 years ago. When he meets Rosina, an enigmatic nightclub hostess, all that stops mattering. Nothing matters but the time they spend together—the long nights in cheap hotels where they lie awake and talk about everything. Corruption. Amorality. Escape. But is Rosina really Terry’s soulmate? Or is there more to her than meets the eye? By the time Terry find out, it may be too late.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:50 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,543,467 books! | Top bar: Always visible