Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4) by…

Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)

by Patricia Briggs

2,593None2,337 (4.21)100
Member:msbhaven
Title:Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (no date), Hardcover, 320 pages

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

2009 (28) 2010 (18) coyote (16) ebook (32) fae (45) fantasy (231) fiction (112) ghosts (25) hardcover (15) Kindle (23) library (13) magic (31) Mercy Thompson (128) mercy thompson series (22) mystery (17) paranormal (104) paranormal romance (43) patricia briggs (17) read (32) read in 2009 (19) romance (37) series (44) sff (13) shapeshifters (101) supernatural (28) to-read (26) urban (21) urban fantasy (273) vampires (187) werewolves (235)

English (104)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  All languages (107)
This series of stories is just enough different to make them a great read. A walker, a coyote who has a lamb necklace for her faith item was fun enough. How she deals with the vampires, werewolves, fae and more in her life make me want to read more and more. I read four of these in just over a day. Fun, fast and enthralling for sure. ( )
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
This saga in the Mercy Thompson series focuses back on the vampires, in particular, the fact that Marsilia—Queen of the local seethe--knows that Mercy killed Andre a couple of books ago, and has named her traitor. The crossed bones painted on the door of her business tells all creatures that she’s fair game, as is anyone who helps her. Stefan, tortured and starved, lands in her living room, telling her to run.

We also get action and drama when Mercy accepts an invitation for a visit to an old college friend, using it as an excuse to get out of town. We meet a ten year-old boy that I’d love to see again in the future.

And the back story continues. Mercy has accepted Adam as her mate, but of course not everyone in the pack is excited over the idea of a coyote in the pack. She does learn more about being a walker and what she can do.

What I really love about this story is that Mercy isn’t suddenly fine after being raped in the last book. She’s trying to work through it, but sometimes the panic attacks are overwhelming. Her doubts are very realistic. And there is a metaphysical learning curve to being a member of the pack. There is no “Mary Sue” aspect to her abilities or what she does. She doesn’t do anything flashy, yet she’s definitely someone you want in your corner.

The out-of-town drama is interesting and the machinations of the local vampires are surprising. ( )
  dearheart | Jan 7, 2014 |
Mercy is preparing to marry alpha werewolf Adam Hauptman when an old friend asks her to help fend off a nasty ghost. ( )
  Talthor | Dec 31, 2013 |
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

This installment picks up right where the last one left off and by right I’m talking like one split second later. Well, let’s just say that things don’t go quite as I had envisioned them. In Bone Crossed Mercy is still recovering from what went down in Iron Kissed so she’s not her usual spunky self and unfortunately for her, things aren’t really looking all that up either. In book 4 Briggs finally sheds a bit of light on one very important unanswered question and seriously, Adam Hauptman is just SO freaking awesome in this installment!

Bone Crossed has a much darker tone than its predecessors and it also felt like a stepping stone to the next phase of this series. Mercy’s finally solved her relationship dilemma but instead of running into her beloved’s arms she’s trying not to scream every time someone touches her. I felt so horrible for Thompson in this installment; she’s hurting bad and unfortunately for her, the only cure is time. In other news, the reason why vamps are so afraid of walkers is finally becoming clearer and Thompson takes her newfound powers for a test drive. I’ve been anxiously waiting for this aspect of the story line to develop and I can’t wait to see how much more butt Mercy is going to kick in Silver Borne!

I really liked Chad, Amber’s son. He’s a brave kid who’s similar to Thompson in a lot of ways and I loved their interactions. The child challenged her at every turn and I liked that Mercy treated him as an adult and also worked at earning his trust. Stefan lost a few points with me in this book; I found his behavior to be a little suspect and now I’m kind of glad that he was never a real contender for Mercy’s affections. Better the devil you know… unless they are a vampire!

The romance between Adam and Thomson is tender and sweet which was not at all what I expected from an alpha werewolf! Hauptman is so incredibly patient and understanding of Mercy’s needs; it just made me love him even more! I’ve enjoyed watching their relationship grow and change over the past four books and hope that they’ll get a bit of a break in the next novel because they need time to reconnect. And, ya know, I also need some Adam sexy time!

After finishing Bone Crossed my only thought is: thank goodness book 5 is already waiting for me on my shelves! ( )
  RabidReads | Nov 11, 2013 |
Great installment to this fabulous series. Mercy continues to be a fantastic kick a** heroine with a big heart. My only complaint: I want more of Adam and Mercy! Ms. Briggs is such a tease ;) ( )
  Loriann422 | Oct 9, 2013 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jordan, whimsical, musical friend of critters furred, scaled, and feathered
I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

There was I thinking being a shifter had its upsides. Looks like I was wrong.

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned - the hard way - why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires emigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity.

The undead queen is also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her own. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

Car mechanic/shapeshifter Mercy Thompson must protect her friends from vampire queen Marsilia's revenge.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,463,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible