Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4) by…

Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:msbhaven
Title:Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (no date), Hardcover, 320 pages

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

Recently added bychessakat, private library, mhaar, KatrineBorup, zuzamiller, juks44, pnwbookgirl

English (125)  Dutch (2)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (129)
Yay! I saw Patty read from this last week and got my copy signed! I love readings, so fun.

Anyway, I LOVED this installment of Mercy Thompson. I thought there was a lot of potential for Mercy to be overly in her head and too broken after the way Iron Kissed ended. But she wasn't. She was realistically damaged, but not in a she's-lost-her-marbles kind of way (a la Dante Valentine, ugh). The suspense was great, on many levels - dealing with Marsilia, the Mistress of the local Vampire Seethe; the sexual tension building between her and Adam; and the Big Bad Scary Vamp in Spokane. I really liked the introduction of some new characters (Baba Yaga!). I just loved it from start to finish and I'm so stoked that the next one will be out in August! Woo-hoo! ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
I just saw Patty read from this last night AND got my copy autographed! Yay!!! Can't wait to dive in. :) ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Mercy is settling in to being mate to Adam but not without a few of her typical hitches. Stefan helps things out along the way with Blackwood and Marisilia. Wonder what will happen next with Mercy? ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 2, 2016 |
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 2, 2016 |
Stefan really comes through for Mercy when the head of his seethe is out to get her. The vampires are a major part of this story. Mercy is still struggling from her torture from the last book. She suffers panic attacks and can't stand being touched. Adam is trying to help and brings her closer into the pack. When she is offered a chance to help a friend in another city she goes. This brings on another major amount of trouble for Mercy and her friends. She meets some scary and very interesting creatures while on this trip.
A great installment in the story. Mercy never lets her friends down no matter the cost to herself. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jordan, whimsical, musical friend of critters furred, scaled, and feathered
I stared at my reflection in the mirror.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Hardcover First Edition):

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The publisher does not have any control over and does not assume any responsibility for author or third-party websites or their content.

No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights. Purchase only authorized editions.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data provided

The snail mail addresses are given for various Penguin offices in this order: USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, India, New Zealand, and South Africa.

PRINTING HISTORY Ace hardcover edition / February 2009.

The first printing line is: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Science Fiction Book Club Edition):

See the entry for the hardcover first edition. MISSING: the Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data, the printing history, and the printing line.

There was I thinking being a shifter had its upsides. Looks like I was wrong.

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned - the hard way - why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires emigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity.

The undead queen is also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her own. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

Car mechanic/shapeshifter Mercy Thompson must protect her friends from vampire queen Marsilia's revenge.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,987,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible