Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4) by…
Member:msbhaven
Title:Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (no date), Hardcover, 320 pages

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

Recently added byKirSio, mariahjhudec, Merhlynne, treehousereader, private library, Lasagna26, TLJ, notsurewho, CC123

English (114)  Dutch (2)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (118)
Loved it in high school! ( )
  anyaejo | Aug 12, 2015 |
This book always strikes me as sort of a "time out" from the overall plot of the series. The plot is interesting, and Mercy is wonderful as always. Food as a theme caught my attention in this book. I have to do some research on it, but it seems to be a fairy tale trope, certainly food and the eating thereof is important from Greek Legend on down.

The definition of monstrosity is further blurred in this book. The Mercy series started out with werewolves as maybe monstrous and vampires as definitely monstrous and the fae as maybe monstrous. I have been pleased to see that become far more complex as the series progresses. ( )
  librarycatnip | Jan 12, 2015 |
I was a bit disappointed with this book. After the amazing and awe-inspiring third book in this series, I expected this one to be a home run, or well, a grand slam - if I am using baseball analogies. It seemed like the whole climax of the story was rushed through, I would have loved to have a better description of what went on when Adam and Mercy finished bonding, and also more about the mysteries stick that keeps following Mercy around, although it finally comes in handy in this book. I did like that we learned a bit more about Mercy's powers, and met some new and different characters. I am also still completely in shock and awe of what the mistress did the poor abused Stephan, that was just messed up. This book is a good read to hopefully bridge for a better book in the 5th installment of this series.We shall se ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Mercy has to take on the vamps while dealing with issues from previous books. But she is totally up to the challenge. I hope we get more details on the coven in future books. This was a tough one as lots of characters get tortured and the vamp Queen is so not nice! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |

raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jordan, whimsical, musical friend of critters furred, scaled, and feathered
I stared at my reflection in the mirror.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Hardcover First Edition):

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The publisher does not have any control over and does not assume any responsibility for author or third-party websites or their content.

No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights. Purchase only authorized editions.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data provided

The snail mail addresses are given for various Penguin offices in this order: USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, India, New Zealand, and South Africa.

PRINTING HISTORY Ace hardcover edition / February 2009.

The first printing line is: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Science Fiction Book Club Edition):

See the entry for the hardcover first edition. MISSING: the Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data, the printing history, and the printing line.

There was I thinking being a shifter had its upsides. Looks like I was wrong.

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned - the hard way - why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires emigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity.

The undead queen is also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her own. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

Car mechanic/shapeshifter Mercy Thompson must protect her friends from vampire queen Marsilia's revenge.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,080,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible