Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4) by…

Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)

by Patricia Briggs

Title:Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (no date), Hardcover, 320 pages

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

English (117)  Dutch (2)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (121)
I like this series a lot. This book was particularly good. The plot was stellar and there were some fresh characyers and we got to know more about Stefan which I like. This series reminds me of the Laurell Hamilton books about Anita Blake without all the gratuitous and kinky sex, and without lengthy discussions of clothes, interior design and weaponry. Also this has fewer vampires which is a plus. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Nov 16, 2015 |
Love it, love it. Only sad that now I have to wait for another Patricia Briggs novel. I'm not a fan of the vampire genre, in spite of having recently glommed the entire Stephanie Meyer series. But I am a fan of Pat Briggs writing and strong characters, and boy does Mercedes Thompson stand out as one of the most interesting, well-developed, strong female characters ever created. This series is only remotely like the Anita Blake ones - the characters are more fully developed, links between the "species" complex but fascinating to untangle, and the ongoing storylines from book 1 to 4 are still well maintained and each has its twists. I can't wait to see what Patricia comes up with next. ( )
  cjazzlee | Nov 13, 2015 |
I was a bit disappointed with this book. After the amazing and awe-inspiring third book in this series, I expected this one to be a home run, or well, a grand slam - if I am using baseball analogies. It seemed like the whole climax of the story was rushed through, I would have loved to have a better description of what went on when Adam and Mercy finished bonding, and also more about the mysteries stick that keeps following Mercy around, although it finally comes in handy in this book. I did like that we learned a bit more about Mercy's powers, and met some new and different characters. I am also still completely in shock and awe of what the mistress did the poor abused Stephan, that was just messed up. This book is a good read to hopefully bridge for a better book in the 5th installment of this series.We shall se ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
(Listened to audiobook version.) Enjoyable entry in the Mercy Thompson series. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
Loved it in high school! ( )
  anyaejo | Aug 12, 2015 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jordan, whimsical, musical friend of critters furred, scaled, and feathered
I stared at my reflection in the mirror.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Hardcover First Edition):

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. The publisher does not have any control over and does not assume any responsibility for author or third-party websites or their content.

No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights. Purchase only authorized editions.

Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data provided

The snail mail addresses are given for various Penguin offices in this order: USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, India, New Zealand, and South Africa.

PRINTING HISTORY Ace hardcover edition / February 2009.

The first printing line is: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES (for the Science Fiction Book Club Edition):

See the entry for the hardcover first edition. MISSING: the Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data, the printing history, and the printing line.

There was I thinking being a shifter had its upsides. Looks like I was wrong.

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned - the hard way - why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires emigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity.

The undead queen is also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her own. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

Car mechanic/shapeshifter Mercy Thompson must protect her friends from vampire queen Marsilia's revenge.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,890,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible