Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4) by…
Member:msbhaven
Title:Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (no date), Hardcover, 320 pages

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

English (110)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  All languages (113)
I had forgotten what happened at the end of the last novel, so after a break of several months, I was upset to find Mercy a cringing victim instead of a badass mechanic. I almost quit very early on, but these books always reward.

The fear gets better, and Mercy learns how not to be afraid as the story winds itself up. And the story is a great one. I love these books for the neat trick of having more than one major plotline going on at once. In this one, it seems like the main story is the fact the vampires have turned on her and her vampire friend, and a convenient (but suspicious) escape presents itself when an old college friend comes to Mercy about a haunting. The threats reverse themselves by the end of the novel, however, and I loved the college friend storyline for keeping me guessing throughout. And the cleverness of the reversal in the vampire storyline.

Still a great series, despite my problems with Mercy early on in this novel. ( )
  ConnieJo | Aug 16, 2014 |
I'm almost done, but way too sleepy to keep reading now.. Night
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
This series keeps me engaged and wanting to read more. As I read, it makes me want to improve my own writing.

Secondly, it's everything that Twilight should have been. I'm appalled that they made a bunch of movies about a no-personality weak female protagonist when they could have been making movies based on the Mercy Thompson series. ( )
  Tom_Wright | Jun 26, 2014 |
I loved it. A real page turner and the ending was very satisfying. No spoilers. ( )
  Perrywilson | May 24, 2014 |
I didn't actually finish this book because I just wasn't feeling it. I may come back to it later as I liked the other Mercy Thompson books, but this one felt a little too soap opera-y. I would have liked to just take the book off my shelves until I came back to it, but picking 'read' was easier than looking for the remove button.
  RhondaParrish | May 9, 2014 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jordan, whimsical, musical friend of critters furred, scaled, and feathered
I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

There was I thinking being a shifter had its upsides. Looks like I was wrong.

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned - the hard way - why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires emigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity.

The undead queen is also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her own. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

Car mechanic/shapeshifter Mercy Thompson must protect her friends from vampire queen Marsilia's revenge.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,112,460 books! | Top bar: Always visible