Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4) by…

Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:msbhaven
Title:Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, Book 4)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace Hardcover (no date), Hardcover, 320 pages

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

English (130)  Dutch (2)  Piratical (1)  French (1)  All languages (134)
Very interesting this book was. Questions were answered and left me wanting more. I hate what happened to Stefan. That's just wrong and I want Marsilia to pay dearly for what she has done. Blackwood would have been awesome if he hadn't been such an asshole. I am amazed by how quickly this series is moving along time wise. It works though. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This took a little while to get into, which was weird because SOOOOO much happens and yet it didn't feel like anything happened ... But I still love this series and Mercy even more. Strong and caring ... She's someone I look up too ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
Ahhh.... So glad to see this book start out exactly where [b:Iron Kissed|1412138|Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)|Patricia Briggs|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358229529s/1412138.jpg|1178926] left off. Mercy continues to be a character that people can relate to. Her personality and emotions are very realistic. It was good to see how Mercy is coping with her trauma and I appreciate that Ms. Briggs is taking the time to deal with the PTS. Very nicely done!

I've enjoyed this series from the beginning and this was no exception. Mercy is still discovering who she is as a walker and what powers she possesses. In this installment, she's forced to square off with the vampires and runs into some rather interesting ghosts. We also learn more about the walking stick and why it keeps appearing.

As always, the writing was clean and sharp, the characters were wonderful and the plot kept me guessing right to the end. Can't wait for more! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Mercedes Thompson is a biracial mechanic who also happens to be a were-coyote raised by werewolves. She's in a complicated relationship with the local Alpha, Adam, and bffs with several fey and a vampire. It's these tangled relations and alliances that create the problem she finds herself in: in the last book, Mercy killed a vampire, and now his Queen is out for revenge. Meanwhile, an old friend comes asking for Mercy's help to deal with a haunting.

This book is a little heavy on the pack dynamics and vampire politicking for my tastes, but at least it doesn't drag. Mercy's adventures are always a good, fast read, and Mercy herself is a great, well-rounded character. Paranormal books like these have a tendency to be mostly about who the main female character is sleeping with, and the Mercy Thompson series is a blessed relief from such considerations, while retaining the charm (tough main character, modern setting streaked with magic, realistic dialog) of the genre. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
Four books into this series and I'm still basically enjoying it. However, this one played heavily on Mercy's status as a recent victim and it seriously compromised her previous impression as a strong, unflappable character. (Someone please tell me why it's required that so many UF/PNR heroines have to be traumatised at some point? I don't get it.) I disliked this and just plain got tired of it. I understand she can't be expected to have healed instantly, but half the book was dedicated to the aftereffects and her response to being attacked in the last book. IMO, not fun, not fun at all. Writing is still good. Editing is still good. The rest of the characters are still fun. I did find the frequent recaps of previous books repetitive and distracting. Plus, the challenge to overcome was both diluted by virtue of being two-fold and I felt overcome too easily. All in all however still a good book. ( )
  SadieSForsythe | Feb 24, 2016 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Jordan, whimsical, musical friend of critters furred, scaled, and feathered
I stared at my reflection in the mirror.
I could feel his willingness to participate in my trial pressed against my backside.
And like the wolf he (Adam) was, he laved the wound in my soul, bandaging it with his care - and moved on to the next. He explored thoroughly, found each mental wound - and a few I didn't know I had - and replaced them with other ... better things

There was I thinking being a shifter had its upsides. Looks like I was wrong.

Car mechanic and sometime shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has learned - the hard way - why her race was almost exterminated. When European vampires emigrated to North America, they found Mercy's people had a hidden talent for vampire slaying. Unfortunately for Mercy, the queen of the local vampire seethe has discovered her true identity.

The undead queen is also furious when she learns Mercy has crossed her and killed one of her own. Mercy may be protected from direct reprisals by the werewolf pack (and her interesting relationship with its Alpha), but that just means Marsilia will come after Mercy some other way. So Mercy had better prepare to watch her back.

Car mechanic/shapeshifter Mercy Thompson must protect her friends from vampire queen Marsilia's revenge.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,848,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible