The Acceptance by L.L. Foster

The Acceptance

by L.L. Foster

Series: Servant (2)

The second book to the series is better and the writing style has improved. I still get annoyed with the younger virgin female/ older male treacher scenerio but since they didn't dwell on it like the first book did it was easier to swallow. Following Gabrielle Cody as she hunts down a seriel killer who is kidnapping her prostitue friends. She has spoke to Luther in weeks and is not suprised when he finds her and explodes in anger but is happy to learn that Mort made it alive from their last bruhaha. Good action makes for an excellent read. ( )
  Scoshie | Aug 6, 2013 |
I like Gabriella Cody. I think she is a little bit crazy with her demon seeking-out for God quirk but thats what makes her so great. In this book she is trying to save a group of prostitutes that in her building. Unfortunately bad things are happening and bodies are being found. The story was great, the parts showing what Gaby would do for those she cared about. I also still loved Morty as a sidekick and newcomer Bliss as well. Luther is ok. I think he is a little straighlaced for Gabby but apparently thats what she needs. I would like to see where this story goes, but I do have some reservations. I think Luther will 'tame' Gabby and I can't really see that being a good thing here. I also agree with what many others have said about the big words. I just ignored them and the reading went along fine but it would be better not to have to stumble though them. ( )
  pacey1927 | Nov 17, 2008 |
I read and really enjoyed the first book in this series. It was intelligently written with interesting and somewhat mysterious characterization that left you wanting more. This book, while still plotted well, drove me nuts.

I have a frigging master's degree and the sheer overuse of $25 words was so distracting, I kept loosing track of what was happening in the story. This book came across like a writing exercise of trying to use as many words from their Genius-level word-a-day calendar as possible.

I remember there being the occasional lofty word in the first book, but nothing like this. I desperately hope that Foster cuts back on the plethora of goofy words she uses in the next book. ( )
  bkjake | Sep 23, 2008 |
I'm not quite sure why I like this series, but I know I'll continue reading. Maybe it's Gaby's torturous ruminations on what she "has" to do. Maybe it's Luther's insane obsession with Gaby. Maybe it's the conflicted, tortured nature of all of Gaby's relationships with other people. Or maybe I want to see more Mort. I don't know. All I say is keeping the book coming please. ( )
  shadiphoenix | Sep 12, 2008 |
I continue to enjoy the characters, but I wish Foster would toss the thesaurus already. ( )
  frykitty | Sep 5, 2008 |

Gabrielle Cody has accepted her destiny as God’s warrior, charged to destroy all evil, but she wasn’t prepared to see Detective Luther Cross ever again. He’s the beacon of reality in her life, the one thing that makes her feel human, like a real woman.

But Gaby must resist involvement with Luther now, for she is protecting streetwalkers. Her life of retribution is far too dangerous, and this time, it’s not just their hearts that won’t come out unscathed.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515145327, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:05 -0400)

Gabrielle Cody has accepted her destiny as God's warrior. Surrounded by violence, she must be ready for anything, but she was not prepared to see Detective Luther Cross ever again. He's the beacon of reality in her life, the one thing that makes her feel human.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,743,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible