Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of…
Title:Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady (Dear America)
Authors:Ellen Emerson White
Info:Scholastic Press (1998), Hardcover, 203 pages

Voyage on the Great Titanic : the Diary of Margaret Ann Brady by Ellen Emerson White (1998)

I absolutely loved reading this book. I like the way it is written as though you are inside the persons head. You are able to see what is happening from Ann's point of view. I also loved the images from the Titanic and the timeline at the end to help me further understand the events that occurred. The message of this story is to not give up, keep going even though there might seem like there's no escape. ( )
  dvazqu2 | Oct 22, 2015 |
Margaret Ann Brady is embarking on a journey to America. She is an orphan and they take the Titanic to get there. Unfortunately, she is faced with many challenges to overcome. The Titanic does not make it to America because it sinks, but luckily Margaret is among the few survivors. Margaret is a fictional character, but the circumstance in this story are based on true events. The author did a great job with making the book intriguing and understandable to younger readers. I loved this book because of my love of history and I know students will find it a great read too! ( )
  SadieCooney | Feb 21, 2015 |
SUMMARY: This book tells the story of a young girl's voyage on the doomed ship known as "The Titanic."

REVIEW: This book is a great look into history, particularly the downfall of the infamous Titanic. It contains language and illustrations that are simple enough for children to understand, yet is also slightly challenging. The main message of this book is to keep going despite and challenges you might face in your lifetime. For example, main character is faced with a horrible disaster of her ship sinking at sea, but he keeps persevering in his newspaper business despite this. I believe that children will find this book a very interesting, thoughtful read. ( )
  amay3 | Dec 8, 2014 |
This is the diary of a young orphan girl who is given an opportunity to travel overboard on the Titanic.This book describes her experiences during the disaster.She is fortunate enough to survive with an another handfull of people. This is a tragic and moving story and I would recommend this book to upper primary kids who love realistic and historical books. ( )
  AnnMaryVincent | Mar 8, 2013 |
it is really sad so many people died. you want to keep reading ( )
  Jessmunson | Feb 13, 2013 |
For Holly
I feel rather a fool writing down my thoughts, but this evening, Sister Catherine made the very firm suggestion that I start keeping a diary - and handed me a brand-new tablet from the supply closet for that very purpose.

In her diary in 1912, thirteen-year-old Margaret Ann describes how she leaves her lonely life in a London orphanage to become a companion to a wealthy American woman, sails on the Titanic, and experiences its sinking.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,878,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible