Cardcaptor Sakura, Volume 4 by CLAMP

Cardcaptor Sakura, Volume 4 (1997)

by CLAMP

In v.4 as Sakura is battling mazes and ancient terrors, we learn more about the mysterious Kaho. She seems to be a miko at a local shrine called "Tsukimine" (she's the only one wearing traditional Japanese clothing at the festival which was kind of a huge let down). Kaho likes Toya but realizes that he's gay, even if he doesn't want to admit it to himself. Li-kun seems to have a lot more magical powers than he first let on, and we're lead to believe Kaho does too. The cutenesss in this volume was more situational, but there was one image when the four friends are walking to the festival that's just adorable. ( )
  senbei | May 8, 2014 |
In this manga we get to see a bit more of Sakura's mysterious new substitute teacher and the teacher's past with her brother, Toya. Also, Sakura discovers a new side of Li when he helps her with a couple of her Clow Card adventures (pre-echos of his stint as Sakura's hero, Syaoran in the Tsubasa series). Yukito is a remarkably likable character as evidenced by crushes on him by Sakura, Li and even (I suspect) Toya. I'm really enjoying this series. Because it is really rated for the younger set of manga readers than teens or adults I wasn't sure if it would be interesting enough to hold my attention. Without a doubt I've been delightfully surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. I would certainly recommend it to anyone, kids or adults, who are looking for a starter manga in the urban fantasy genre. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Nov 30, 2007 |

The school field trip is the perfect getaway for Sakura until the students start disappearing, one by one. Sakura and company have fallen into a Clow Card trap! Can she defeat the unknown card to get her friends back?--From publisher's description.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible