Cocktails Shaken & Stirred by Douglas Ankrah

Cocktails Shaken & Stirred (2004)

by Douglas Ankrah

611,268,033 (3.75)None

I bought this book because of the excellent photograhps of cocktails, that it contains, but when I got around to reading it, I found that it was probably the best cocktail guide, I'd ever come across. This is by no means a coffee table book, but rather a "get your hands dirty" guide for us mere mortals. It has some really really great sections about bartending tools, garnishes and different types of spirits.

The cocktail recipies are well written and easy to follow and all are accompanied with a short note about the drink.

I can definately recommend this title for anyone, who'd like to have some fun with the contents of their bar cabinets. ( )
  eculeus | Apr 1, 2008 |

A seductive selection of contemporary and classic cocktail creations from a leading figure in the cocktail revolution. The hippest hundred cocktails of the moment, from a 'minimalist martini' to a 'fragrant vanilla-scented Madagascar sour', with advice on spirits, garnishes, and methods, as well as tips on entertaining, including canapes to complement your cocktails.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,094,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible