Bruchko by Bruce Olson

Bruchko

by Bruce Olson

Recently added byiboyes, private library, myhandsrfull, areeve, greatdivide46, LBA-Library

I read this a long time ago. A missionary friend loaned it to me and I'll never forget it. Story of a true disciple of Christ. ( )
  shesinplainview | Nov 27, 2012 |
Bruchko and the Motilone Miracle, the powerful sequel to Bruce Olson's best-selling missionary classic, Bruchko, is a remarkable tale of adventure, tragedy, faith, and love. It shows how, despite incredible dangers and obstacles, one humble man and a tribe of primitive, violent Indians—by joining together in simple obedience—have been transformed forever by the sovereign will of God. This book, which details Olson’s missionary work and events from the 1970s to the present, will stir and encourage the hearts of readers to serve and follow God passionately.

About the Author
Bruce Olson, born in Minnesota and now a citizen of Colombia, is a linguist and graduate of the University of Caracas, Venezuela. He has won the friendship of four Colombian presidents and appeared before the United Nations. His first book, Bruchko, has sold more than 300,000 copies worldwide. He lives in the jungle on the border of Colombia and Venezuela.
  heritagechurch | Jan 15, 2012 |
Book Description:

布魯斯 愛爾生 (Bruce E. Olson) , 一個十九歲的青年, 在沒有差會支持下, 闖進南美洲原始叢林, 和印第安土人生活了十五年,學會​他們的語言、文化和生活方式,也介紹現代化的醫學和農業技術給他們, 改善他們的生活, 最終帶領全族的人​
  OCMCCP | Dec 9, 2011 |
Riveting story of how Bruce Olson lived with a tribe of South American Indians to learn their language and share Jesus Christ with them. ( )
  Bjace | Sep 24, 2011 |
Wow, what a book. I was lent this book by a friend, and now I want to go buy it. Bruchko came to me at a very important time in my life, and it has inspired me to do more than my limits say I can do. Read this book. ( )
  evementen | Feb 25, 2010 |

Bruce Olsonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Boissevain, E.D.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is a (non-series) sequel to

Has the (non-series) sequel

The astonishing true story of a 19-year-old American -- his capture by the Motilone Indians and his adventures in Christianizing the Stone Age tribe.

Bruce Olsen went as a 19 year old to help Christianize the stone age tribe of Matilone Indians. Since 1961 it has meant capture, disease, terror and loneliness, but shows that with the simple faith in Christ anything can happen.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,635,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible