Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Oxford American thesaurus of current English (edition 1999)
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0195133757, Hardcover)The Oxford American Thesaurus of Current English is based on state-of-the-art research using a vast database of some 200 million words, conducted by Oxford's U.S. dictionary staff. It offers the most reliable word resource available, one that is more practical, less expensive, with larger type and a much cleaner page layout. Its features include:
* 15,000 main entries keyed to over 350,000 synonyms
* Sample sentences or phrases for virtually every sense
* Key entries include antonym lists, with cross references to other main entries
* Synonym Studies illuminate the subtle nuances of meaning among a group of closely related words
* Includes Oxford's exclusive Writer's Toolkit, including a punctuation guide, usage notes, and much more
All Oxford American dictionaries use an easy-to-use respelling system to show how entries are pronounced. It uses simple, familiar markings to represent common American English sounds. With clear, expert advice on grammar, usage, and pronunciation, this up-to-date thesaurus is the first place to look when you want just the right word.
(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 07 Apr 2013 01:24:25 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.