Stephen King (Bloom's Modern Critical Views)…

Stephen King (Bloom's Modern Critical Views)

by Harold Bloom

How to review a book of critique? Very difficult given all of us are just giving our opinions.

Some of the writers I could get behind a number of their thoughts and ideas; while others were really stretching their imaginations to find hidden meanings.

Most books can have deeper themes that some people will see and others just don't; but, in this case, there were a number of ideas about some of his stories that never entered my mind while reading Stephen King's books. And, I believe these critics saw what they wanted to see. They were reading tea leaves; I was reading the stories.

Interesting book. ( )
  DanaJean | Dec 30, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0791093174, Library Binding)

The bestselling author of horror and fantasy has been compared to Edgar Allan Poe and Jack London.

This title, Stephen King, part of Chelsea House Publishers’ Modern Critical Views series, examines the major works of Stephen King through full-length critical essays by expert literary critics. In addition, this title features a short biography on Stephen King, a chronology of the author’s life, and an introductory essay written by Harold Bloom, Sterling Professor of the Humanities, Yale University.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:41 -0400)

A collection of critical essays discussing the work of the prolific horror writer Stephen King.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,361,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible