Beyond Ugly by Constance Briscoe

Beyond Ugly

by Constance Briscoe

This is the sequel to Ugly about a girl who is so abused by her mom who always tells her how ugly she is.
This book is about Constance trying to become a lawyer.

Maybe because of the translation but sometimes I thought her very weird but can you blame her. It seems she still takes abuse from other people. Her doctor her co workers. To me the writing and the story was all a bit weird,parts you would think would be very important were skipped and unimportant stuff was talked about a lot. I did discover that I still am much quicker reading Dutch than English. Read it in half a day. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
I enjoyed this, and read it really quickly, but I don't know if it was as good as Ugly. Although I'm glad I read it - it was nice to see where Constance went next!
  wiccked | Apr 2, 2010 |

It was Constance's mother who told her she was ugly. That was just one strand of a childhood blighted by physical and emotional abuse. But the young girl had strength and resilience beyond her years. She put herself through university, financing her studies with several jobs and fulfilled a lifelong ambition. Originally published: London: Hodder &… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,654,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible