The Boy Who Wouldn't Share by Mike…

The Boy Who Wouldn't Share

by Mike Reiss

A story about a little boy who won't share any of his things with his sister, but when she gets a treat, she shares with him and the little boy rethinks his position.
  andeangi | Feb 22, 2016 |
This book is about a little boy who refused to share with anyone. Even his own sister tried to play with him and he would not have this. She tried everyday to play with different toys and his response was "ITS MINE!!!" In the end his mom gave his sister fudge to snack on and she knew it was the right thing to share with him, so she did. She taught him how it is a good thing to share.

Personal Reaction:
I enjoyed this book, i thought it had some really good material on the importance of learning to share with others. However, the pictures were a bit odd to me.

Extension Ideas:
1. I could have the kids write different ways they could practice sharing.
2. Make a chart of who is "Super at Sharing" and every time i catch someone sharing they get a gold star.
  kristendickerson | Jan 31, 2014 |
A little kid is not wanting to share. He's so hidden by all his stuff (that he won't share) that he misses out on a treat, but his little sister kindly agrees to share it with him.

What I liked about this book was the way it refused to essentialize the behavior: It turns out that he's just not very good at sharing right now, but tomorrow he was better. Kids have good- and bad-behavior days and this book reminds us (eventually) that it's not always about a big life lesson, but just about daily behaviors. ( )
  lquilter | Mar 9, 2012 |
I love this book and so does my five year old son. We have read this many times. We both love the illustrations. ( )
  Xander05 | Oct 11, 2010 |
This book tells of Edward, a little boy who does not like to share, especially not with his sister, Claire. Throughout the story Edward denies Claire the joy of being able to play with any of his toys, and becomes so consumed with being greedy to the point where he is trapped under a pile of all his toys. Edward eventually realizes that not sharing can leave one feeling lonely and sad.

As soon as I read this title I knew that I had to read it to my class because there is always someone shouting "that's my toy."

I would use this book during our feelings module to discuss why one needs to share and would have a day where everyone would bring their favorite toy to share with someone else.
  mlunsford17 | Sep 17, 2010 |
Edward was a frightful boy who wouldn't share a single toy.

Edward has oodles of toys but doesn't share any of them with his little sister, Claire. She cannot ride his rocking horse, hug his teddy bear, or even think about touching his Slinky.

"They're mine!"

he says. That is, until one day when Edward finds himself stuck under his enormous pile of toys and can't move! With a little help from an unlikely ally, he learns that if he can share with others, they'll share right back with him.

Mike Reiss's wickedly funny verse and David Catrow's remarkable gift for comic illustration make this one book you'll want to share—again and again!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:51 -0400)

Edward, unwilling to share his toys with his sister, has a change of heart when she has something he wants.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible