Egyptian Heart by Kathryn Meyer Griffith

Egyptian Heart

by Kathryn Meyer Griffith

721,138,814 (4.33)None

Any book by Kathryn Meyer Griffith is one I want on my reading list and this beauty is no exception. I loved my trip to Egypt with Maggie in this time travel, alternate history novel where she will cross the boundaries of time to find the the answer to the riddle of the lost necropolis and Nefertiti, and her one true love.

Maggie’s mother had warned her about life’s surprises…

“It’ll knock you on your butt all right.”

And she is finding how prophetic her words would be.

Maggie’s special talents, which she knew nothing about, were coming to the forefront since she arrived in Egypt. She had been searching for answers about the lost necropolis and Nefertiti, and wondering whether she would ever find love.

She never expected to find it here…Ramose.

It was so easy to get lost in Maggie’s world of ancient Egypt. I love what Kathryn Meyer Griffith did with the storyline and I was surprised at the ending. I never saw it coming and that is always a wonderful thing. Not so easy to surprise a prolific reader like me.

What would you sacrifice everything for the love of your life? Could she… Would she…be the one to change history? I lover her courage, determination and willingness to sacrifice it all.

I almost felt the dry breeze and the sand from the storm trying to peel the skin from my bones, the terror and abuse the citizens suffered at the hands of one so greedy and evil that he would stop at nothing to have what he desired.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith has a way of bringing her worlds and characters to life through words. The romance will cross the boundaries of time and I don’t think the ending is one you would anticipate. So…come on…travel to Egypt with us and learn its untold secrets.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Egyptian Heart by Kathryn Meyer Griffith.

See more at http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Feb 23, 2018 |
Author: Kathryn Meyer Griffith
Published by: Eternal Press
Age Recommend: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 5
Blog Review For: GMTA

Review:

"Egyptian Heart" by Kathryn Meyer Griffith was a different type of romantic read...through time travel all mixed up in the past (1340 BC) Egyptian life, culture and then brought in a romance of a woman from the twenty-first century. I really liked the way this wonderful author brings us another one of her good novels... that will captivate our attention for the reader to want more.

The storyline was simply well written with lots of detail. This was definitely a page turner for me. Maggie Owens was a Egyptologist who was given a grant for three months to work in Egypt (Great Pyramids) to explore the areas around Gizah searching for the 'lost tomb.' In Egypt, its life has very harsh, hot and lonely...however, Maggie finds the ancient tomb of Ramose, Nakh-Min...and then finds the secret area that had a 'magic amulet.' Maggie had already been given a amulet for protection....everything was fine until the two amulets touched...and then 'Maggie falls and the past comes forth where she meets Ramose...who was the servant of Pharaoh Athenationa and Queen Nefertiti.' How did Maggie get there and will she come back? What was Maggie up against with the people? How does this 21st century woman deal with this situation...now in ancient time ....'of being a woman of lesser value ...and even slaves to the men?' Would Maggie find love in this place with all of the violence, turbulence and danger that was all around her? Being the master storyteller that this author is...... using historical references about the Egyptian pharaohs and the politicis delivering her message in the story to the reader. Now this is the part where I say you will have to pick up this good read to find out....I did and enjoyed the read!

If you are in for a strong hero, great heroine and loss of action-pact with some real interesting characters from the time long-past....then I would recommend "Egyptian Heart" as a excellent time travel romance novel for you. ( )
  arlenadean | Jun 12, 2012 |

Egyptologist, Maggie Owens discovers Ramose Nakh-Min's tomb and an amulet from his sarcophagus hurls her back to 1340 B.C. Maggie falls in love with Ramose, but many of the people think she's evil and try to kill her. Desperately in love with Ramose, Maggie needs to find a way to remain with him and make a difference in his world.… (more)

Kathryn Meyer Griffith is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,240,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible