The Resistance by Gemma Malley

The Resistance

by Gemma Malley

Another good read but contrary to most reviewers I liked book 1 better. I did enjoy the story and do not understand why these books are not more known. Lots of action in book 2. I did question what happened to the good old doctor. All off a sudden he had a change of heart? but if you do not notice those little things you will enjoy this series. 3.5 ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
I didn't like this one as much as the first, but maybe because it's been so long since I read the first one I was missing things that were happening. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
This was a pretty cool book and I love the premise, the whole debate on whether we can beat nature and live forever. Something sort of similar to [b:The Adoration Of Jenna Fox|1902241|The Adoration of Jenna Fox|Mary E. Pearson|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1248799367s/1902241.jpg|1903936] in that respect. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |

Look, I really enjoyed this book, probably even more than the first one when I got into it but the author went and did exactly the same thing again... created a happy ending.

It's annoying me. Both books follow the same format of Problem > Panic > Solution > The End. I finished the first book thinking "hey, that was a really original story" but I only half-heartedly purchased the second one because the first one had ended with both Anna and Peter alive, well and no longer on the run. There is no "oh my god, I must know what happens next" and Gemma Malley went and did it again with the second in the series.

But, aside from that fact, I am completely in love with this dystopia that Gemma Malley has created. Anna was far more bearable in this book than the last, and I liked the twist in the story (that I'm obviously not going to give away and ruin for other readers). It employed some crazily good elements of mystery, horror and science-fiction; it also made me sure that I would be getting the next book in the series, even if the ending didn't call urgently for it.

So, yeah, overall it was a really good read. But next time, I demand cliffhangers. ( )
  emleemay | Mar 30, 2013 |
Overhead lighting, bleak and uncompromising, shone down into the small room like a prison guard's searchlight, picking out every speck of dust, every mark on the cheap carpet, every smudged fingerprint on the windowsill.

In a future England where young people, or "Surpluses," are heavily regulated and everyone takes a drug called Longevity, a member of the Underground uncovers horrific acts being committed in an attempt to create eternal youth.

In a future England where young people, or "Surpluses," are heavily regulated and everyone takes a drug called Longevity, a member of the Underground infiltrates the Pincent Pharma manufacturing plant, and uncovers horrific acts being committed in an attempt to create eternal youth.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,422,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible