Gully's Travels by Tor Seidler

Gully's Travels

by Tor Seidler

Gulliver is a high-falutin' lhasa apso much accustomed to a refined life of premium dog food, classical music, antique furnishings and annual jaunts to Paris with his master, Professor Rattigan. But the posh life comes to a crashing end when Dr. Rattigan decides to marry a woman allergic to dogs and Gulliver is (in his mind) unceremoniously dumped with the doorman's noisy family in hardscrabble Queens. Big and small degradations transform the once snooty Gulliver into a humbled, less narrow-minded Gully. Eloquent writing and vivid characters. This reminded me of the inner transformation in "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane." ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
Gully's the luckiest dog in the world: he has a perfect owner who lives in a fabulous apartment and who spoils Gully with yummy foods and outings in the park. But when his owner meets a woman who's allergic to dogs, the owner has to make a choice. Guess what? Gully is given away to another family. Will he be able to escape? Will he end up even trying?
  scducharme | Aug 31, 2009 |
Cute, from the dog's perspective, shows what is really is important in life -- being valued and loved, not the things we own or how rich we are. A light read even for a child. ( )
  jazzberry | Jun 11, 2009 |
I don't usually like animal books since so many times the ending is that the animal dies. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, got a lump in my throat for his trials and tribulations, and gave my rescued dog an extra hug. ( )
  ctshively | Feb 1, 2009 |

Gulliver leads a life of luxury with his master. But when his master falls in love with a woman who is allergic to dogs, Gulliver is sent to a new home. He finds himself with a family of raucous human beings and three mutts. But just as Gulliver begins to make a grudging peace with his new reality, he gets swept up in a harrowing new adventure.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible