Jack With a Twist by Brenda Janowitz

Jack With a Twist

by Brenda Janowitz

MY REVIEW OF “JACK WITH A TWIST” by Brenda Janowitz
I had an entertaining and enjoyable time reading “Jack With a Twist by Brenda Janowitz.
This is the book following “Scot on the Rocks”. Reading “Jack With a Twist” can be read as a standalone, but since I loved reading “Scot on the Rocks”, I wanted to read more in the lives of the characters.
The genres for this book are Fiction, Women’s Fiction, Romance and Chick-Lit. Especially after reading “heavy” books, sometimes I need an easier and lighter ” feel good” book that makes me chuckle and laugh. I love Brenda Janowitz’s humor and wit.
The characters Brooke and Jack as well as their families, friends are back again. Some new quirky characters have been added. The author describes her characters as likable, and flawed. Brooke and Jack are engaged, living together and finalizing their wedding arrangements. Both families meet and have very opposite views on where the wedding should be, and what food should be served. Then of course, Brooke has to get “the wedding dress” which is no easy task.
The good news is that Jack is made a partner in his law firm, and Brooke is enjoying practicing law in her new firm. Are you ready for the bad news? Well, if you consider it bad news. Both Jack and Brooke are trying the same confidential high profile case on opposing sides. Jack also has a sexy assistant helping him. Both Brooke and Jack are “serving” each other for legal documents.
I have to say the shenanigans and anything to do with wedding adventures that go on are quite funny. This is an amusing, delightful romantic book that I would highly recommend. I received a copy of this book for my honest review. Look forward to the 2017 re-release of “Jack With a Twist” in August 2017. ( )
  teachlz | Jul 14, 2017 |
Free on Kindle. Could be spoilers. Unreadable. I didn't get very far. The mother & the harassing of the main character about her weight, it is just so ugly & pointless. Especially since, of course, she wasn't fat at all!
  franoscar | Jul 5, 2013 |
I won a copy of this and look forward to reading it! ( )
  AuntJha | Apr 8, 2009 |
I loved the sequel to Scot On The Rocks. In this book Brooke, the main character is more mature and real. Totally enjoyable and laugh out loud funny. ( )
  risadabomb | Mar 13, 2009 |
Attorney Brooke Miller has her hands filled planning her wedding – she’s busy trying to find the perfect dress, the perfect menu, and the perfect hall, as well as accommodating the wishes of two sets of parents. But when she lands her first big case, she can’t turn it down, even when she finds out the opposing attorney is her fiancé Jack. She thinks dealing with Jack will be a piece of cake, but he starts playing dirty and she starts fuming. Add in Jack’s sexy assistant Miranda Foxley and Brooke begins to wonder if there will be a wedding at all.

“Jack with a Twist” (the sequel to Scotch on the Rocks) is a very funny novel about a couple stressing out not only about their wedding but their respective careers. The book is written in the first person from Brooke’s point of view so she is often the more sympathetic character. Her search for the perfect wedding dress is very realistic, as are the conflicts with her future in-laws (who are very unsympathetic to what is acceptable for food at a Jewish wedding), trying to find the perfect location for the wedding, the right flowers, and all the other various components of a wedding (author Brenda Janowitz no doubt used some of her own wedding experiences – she got married while writing the book). Brooke’s worries about Jack’s relationship with the not so subtly named Miranda Foxley are also very realistic – especially for a stressed out soon-to-be bride. Jack is a bit on the clueless side – he never seems to have actual discussions with anyone about any topic.

There is a nice sense of humor throughout the entire book. Some of it is very realistic – Jack’s behavior while registering at Tiffany’s is typically male – and at other times the humor is a bit too over-the-top - Brooke is a bit too casual in her search for a wedding dress. The Brooke vs. Jack in the courtroom plot is funny but again over the top at times. Too often Brooke and Jack just seem to let things happen without questioning them or discussing things with each other. If this was non-fiction rather than fiction, I wouldn’t give their marriage a chance of lasting. Finally, while the ending of the novel is very cute, it too is over the top.

“Jack with a Twist” is a very funny, sometimes over the top romance. ( )
1 vote drebbles | Dec 29, 2008 |

Planning a wedding can be a trying experience…

A little prewedding anxiety is normal for every bride, and Manhattan attorney Brooke Miller isn't worried. She's got the loving support of the world's greatest guy, so planning her nuptials should be a piece of cake.

But that was yesterday.

Today, Brooke's landed her fi rst big case and has just discovered that the opposing attorney is none other than her fi ancé, Jack. But that's okay. These two professionals aren't going to let a little courtroom sparring get their legal briefs in a bunch.… Right? Wrong! Now Jack's pulling every dirty trick in the law books, and Brooke's starting to suspect that maybe he isn't the man she thought he was. Warring with her fi ancé at work and at home, Brooke realizes that she'll have to choose between the case of her life, or actually having a life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:05 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,231,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible