Banana! by Ed Vere

Banana!

by Ed Vere

Great picture book for teaching young students about asking kindly, and sharing with one another. ( )
  AnnaBailey | Mar 21, 2017 |
This book is a picture book with two monkeys. One of the monkeys has a banana, and will not let the other one have it. The second monkey screams and hollers for the banana but the first monkey still will not let him have it. Finally, the monkey says "Please," and the first monkey shares with him.

Vere is teaching children how to have manners and share with this book. Banana! is an enjoyable book, and children will learn not to throw fits when they want a certain item. ( )
  kwolinski | Sep 4, 2014 |
The defects of pride and self centeredness were masterfully displayed by the author. This is a book I would use to teach kids the value of sharing and asking without conditions. ( )
  ktankers | Aug 30, 2013 |
Bananas have been a running joke in my family since my son started calling them banoonoos when he was two. Then came Harriet's fascination with "Banana Phone." So when I saw Banana by Ed Vere at the library, I had to check it out.

A young, energetic monkey finds a banana. He's so excited about discovering it that he doesn't get a chance to eat it. By the time he's ready, another monkey has appeared and wants the banana too. Can the two learn to share?

Banana uses a very limited vocabulary and bright and humorous illustrations, both ideal for early readers. It was the first book Harriet read completely on her own. And read it she did, about a dozen or more times before it was due back at the library. ( )
  pussreboots | Jul 31, 2013 |
I wish there were more than five stars to rate this book, because I would certainly give it ten! I actually read this book to a Kindergarten class and it was a huge hit. The students begged me to read it again, and I was thrilled. Banana is a book about sharing and the illustrations really tell the story alone. There are two monkeys and one of them has a banana, while the other one continues to yell "Banana" in hopes that the greedy monkey will share. The monkey finally says please and at the end of the book they share the fussed over banana. This book has tons of character because you can actually yell "BANANA" and then softly say "Please?" and the kids love it. This is a great book! ( )
  ccbell | Nov 18, 2012 |

Two monkeys learn to share.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,745,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible