The Language of Success by Tom Sant

The Language of Success

by Tom Sant

141683,257 (5)None

This book is a great tool if you're looking to improve your ability to communicate in the written word. It's probably longer than it needs to be, but you can skim and get the meat of what he is saying.

As a side note, SEP hired this author to train some managers and seniors to write awesome proposals. We still have work to do, but the experience was very positive.

If you communicate with our clients, you should read this book. If you don't, it's still not a bad idea.

Mumau ( )
  Mumau | Jan 25, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 081447473X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:10 -0400)

Language is the medium of business. To be successful, we need to communicate effectively in writing. That's true whether we are providing instructions to our colleagues, communicating with our customers, or advising our direct reports. We must be able to deliver clear, accurate messages that inform, persuade and motivate. Unfortunately, people lapse into habits that interfere with their ability to communicate. "The Language of Success" shows readers how to avoid these mistakes, and to write lucid, concise, and accurate e-mails, letters, performance appraisals, and presentations.Now anyone can master the lost art of clear writing and: eliminate ambiguities, jargon and grandiose claims; master proper paragraph structure so the message doesn't get muddled; avoid wishy-washy or misleading terms like 'world class' or 'state of the art' write clear concise sentences that follow the 'first time right rule'; use e-mail professionally; and, efficiently create career-enhancing reports. Honest and authoritative, "The Language of Success" will gives readers practical techniques to help readers cut through the fluff, guff, geek, and hyperbole, write exceptional business documents, and get their message heard.… (more)

AMACOM

An edition of this book was published by AMACOM.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,630,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible