Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Illustrated Shakespeare: The Tempest (Illustrated Shakespeare) (edition 1993)
Is contained in
Is retold in
Has the adaptation
Is replied to in
Has as a student's study guide
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743482832, Mass Market Paperback)Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Barbara A. Mowat
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:30:06 -0500)
Presents the original text of Shakespeare's play side by side with a modern version, discusses the author and the theater of his time, and provides quizzes and other study activities.
(summary from another edition)
Six editions of this book were published by Audible.com.
Four editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by Yale University Press.
An edition of this book was published by Ediciones Encuentro.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.