Becoming: Coming into Being by Nathan M…

Becoming: Coming into Being

by Nathan M Shippee

3None2,001,085NoneNone
Recently added byPC-jacoby, NCSE, m_faustus

No tags.

No reviews

What is a Human Being? What is the destiny of a Human Being? The questions are pertinent because we do not understand who we are or what we are about.

The ten essays are a record of the path taken by the author in his efforts to find answers to these questions. Each essay contains finding which are satisfying to the author, but may be less than conclusive to the reader. This would be more remarkable if it were not so, for the undeniable uniqueness of the Human Being is universal, and the search for understanding is indeed a personal experience.

The approach used by the author in his quest was to distill impressions from the vast store of information available, and then to simplify, simplify, simplify until the human destiny could be described in one phrase; its concept captured in a single word.

Neither the "ascending animal" nor the "fallen angel" concepts of our evolutionary process were personally acceptable. Some other concept of the process called life was sought, but it was not until "Sum of the Parts" that the impression came clear. The elusive concept which finally appeared was "Coming Into Being," a concept which seemed compatible with all thought and which could capture in a single word the saga of human destiny: "Becoming."

Becoming, becoming more Being, coming more into Being; isn't this the destiny of the Human Being? Becoming is the passage each must make from mostly-Human into more-Being. It is a private path along which each is guided by an inner voice, an echo from the soul.

Once the concept of "becoming" enters the mind, our questions change. We are still full of wonder, but now we wonder more pointedly: "Coming from where?" -- "Becoming what?" These questions become our new compass points, the East and West points of our lifetime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:29 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible